Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys I have a 2000 frontier and my A/C keeps blowing the 7.5amp fuse when turn on the A/C button on the a/c controls. I disconnected the A/C clutch and when i go and turn on the AC it will not blow the fuse. Once I re-connect the a/c clutch it will blow when i turn on the system. I switched the AC relay from another similar relay and no success, anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be.

·
Registered
378 Posts
guys I have a 2000 frontier and my A/C keeps blowing the 7.5amp fuse when turn on the A/C button on the a/c controls. I disconnected the A/C clutch and when i go and turn on the AC it will not blow the fuse. Once I re-connect the a/c clutch it will blow when i turn on the system. I switched the AC relay from another similar relay and no success, anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be.
You probably have a shorted clutch coil. Disconnect the coil plug, and with a multimeter on ohm's, see if the coil shorts to ground.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks you, when checking with the meter how do you determine if you have a short?
First disconnect the harness plug from the coil. Set your multi-meter to ohms. Put the red lead to one pole of the coil, put the black lead to the other pole. The meter reading should move or change. If nothing moves or changes, your coil has an open short. Now move the black lead to a good ground point on the engine. (anything metal) Make sure the red lead is still on one of the coil poles. You should check the coil with the red lead on either coil poles, one at a time, and your black lead to the ground point. If the reading moves or changes on either pole of the coil, it is shorted to ground, and you will need to replace it. Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts