Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hadn't been on A.C.'s website for a while, noticed they are offering a Bilstein coilover that look an awful lot like the fabled 6112 that some have been anticipating. However, A.C. doesn't give enough specifics to determine if that is indeed the case. Any body else notice these or have any insight to offer?

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
I've asked them about those before, they are actually a custom valved threaded body Bilstein 7100. Still only a 2" body though, 6112s are about a 2 5/8" body and a much newer design.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glamisdude, thanks for your reply. Well, 7100s are a pretty good shock too, if I understand correctly. Any idea what the extended/compressed lengths are and what not? It seems that with as few viable options as we have for front suspension that there would be information out there on these, you can spend lots of time reading about 5100s, OME, Radflo, etc. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Hadn't been on A.C.'s website for a while, noticed they are offering a Bilstein coilover that look an awful lot like the fabled 6112 that some have been anticipating. However, A.C. doesn't give enough specifics to determine if that is indeed the case. Any body else notice these or have any insight to offer?
got a link. So many shocks, not sure which ones you are referring to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, all I have to post from is a smart phone, and it doesn't multitask worth a chit. On A.C.'S site, go to suspension lift components, front, and it ought to be the first item on the page. It's listed in that section with coils. There is another listing that appears to be for the same shock minus coils in the shocks & struts section, go to Bilstein, then coilovers. It's a threaded body shock with an eye on the end of the body and a stem mount on the end of the shaft. *Looks* like about a 5" stroke...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts