Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Its my turn for some help. Im sure someone has had this problem oh all knowing clubfrontier members. Ok here it is 1999 frontier 3.3L 4x4 Auto Trans. My son pulled into the drive last night and said it felt like truck popped out of gear and rpms went up of course he didnt think to tell me until he was on the side of the road this morning. The truck will start up and when you put it in drive it will go through the shifts cycle 1st,2nd,3rd u let off it just goes into neutral no slipping just neutral. Shut it off and turn it on and it will go for another shift or two then jumps into neutral again,no noise, no leaks, no roughness or banging. Sometimes if you shut the key off and then on it wont work but it usually will. I got home today to check it out started it and drove a mile in drive then 1st 2nd and drive no problems. I get back to the house put it in park and then drive again and it gone again. It has 150k on it it had a fluid change about 20k ago.No problem until now. I got under and looked at the wire connections to see if anything is loose or any linkage is loose but everything looks tight. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Oh yeh no obd trouble codes appear

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
is the tranny fluid level is correct, and fluid is correct color? and is this happening in 2wd or 4wd?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
figured I'd forget something...

Trany fluid level is good, looks and smells normal. It happens is both 2wd and no change in 4wd.

UPDATE Ran TCM self diagnosis from manual serveral times to get it right and everytime at the end no flashs just a solid o/d lamp.
which according to the manual means PNP switch, overdrive control switch or throttle position switch circuit is disconnected or TCM
is Damaged.checked connection to see if any are apart but look good.. Next is put a meter on the PNP.

any other suggestions would be great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts