Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first post and hoping you can provide a little assistance. I have a 99 Frontier 2wd and 2.4 liter. I'm dealing with a no spark issue. Engine cranks fine but absolutely no spark. After doing a little research on what little info i could find, it seems as though the coil and/or module are a part of the distributor. Also if you want to replace 1 or both you have to replace the whole assembly. I picked one up from the parts store and unfortunately it did not resolve the problem. I was extremely careful about which direction the rotor came off and as well as the wire positions; so I'm 100% positive it was not an installation issue. However that doesn't mean the part I received wasn't bad. Assuming that it was not, where does that leave me. I have checked the IGN fuses to be sure it wasn't as simple as that and they seem to be fine. I also understand there might be a Crank Position Sensor that has gone faulty. For the life of me I can't seem to locate it at least from a visual inspection. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA!!

-MGB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi 1fstmax,

Thanks for your reply. I'm familiar with a lot of automotive acronyms but dtc's escapes me.

Thanks,

-MGB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts