Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took over this truck a few weeks back and have had nothing but problems.
Right now I am trying to figure out why the truck will downshift out of overdrive right at 38-39 mph.
This happens every time and will not upshift back to overdrive. I am stuck with a high revving truck that i only take to 45mph.
I replaced the TPS with a one from the junk yard no change. I still have to drop the pan replace the filter and flush the trans but,
this seems electrical to me. One quick test is that when I take my foot off the pedal at 45-50 mph it will up shift to OD.
Because when I hit the overdrive button while coasting it will downshift right away.
Another thing to note is that the cluster is out and the P0500 code (speed sensor) code is present.

Can anyone help?

Also looking for a 2.4 guru in Jacksonville Fl. for some help with other issues. high idle, runs Rough, idle steady then races to 1500 then back in a cycle.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Another thing to note is that the cluster is out and the P0500 code (speed sensor) code is present.
I'm guessing that the the computer relies on the speed sensor to tell the transmission when to shift. Sorting out P0500 code may well fix the overdrive problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts