Nissan Frontier Forum banner

98 Frontier leaking water

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  outlnder 
#1 ·
Hello,

I've got a 98 Frontier that I've had for half a year or so. Last week I noticed a little water under the passenger seat. I pulled up the carpet on the passenger side and all of the carpet and such was soaked. I've done everything I can think of to find the leak with no success. I THINK it's coming through the firewall, by the front right wheel well but I'm not certain. We've had record rainfall this month so I'm sure that didn't help.

Anyone experienced this problem or have any good ideas how I can locate the leak? I've tried pouring water over all the windows well checking for leaks in side.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

#7 ·
The likely suspect, if not the heater core, would be the windshield. Examine the rubber stripping around the bottom of the glass to check for cracking and/or cuts. Also some shrinkage, I just got out of the pool, may have occurred.

#8 ·
Thanks for all your input folks, but nothing seems to be helping. I sprayed all the window seals, and the underbody on the passenger side and not a drop showed up.

Any other ideas? How can I determine if it was the heater core? Could it be an AC line? I don't know what to try next.

#10 ·
EightTrack said:
Thanks for all your input folks, but nothing seems to be helping. I sprayed all the window seals, and the underbody on the passenger side and not a drop showed up.

Any other ideas? How can I determine if it was the heater core? Could it be an AC line? I don't know what to try next.
Only thing I can offer you is this. At work we basically have a shower head setup outside to put the car under to locate water leaks. What you'll need to do is have a second person to help you by standing outside with a water hose for a few minutes spraying that side of the car. You should first remove the passenger seat and peel up the carpet. Have the floor exposed and sit inside the truck with a flashlight while the other person is spraying the truck.

One more thing. A common water leak area is the door itself. Behind the door panel is a plastic sheet or foam barrier. If that is torn or missing you will have a water leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.