Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to lift my 2wd 98, I currently just have it levelled in the front via t bar crank. I'd want it at least 3 inches higher in the front and back. How could I do this without it riding really really rough? Are there suspension lift kits for the first gens?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure what model you have, but you could try Total Chaos, 4X4parts. The Total Chaos is the cream of the crop for 1st gen frontiers, delete torsion bars and add coil overs and you will have the nice ride and look your wanting.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Total Chaos doesn't make anything for the older Nissans anymore. The only option left for a real lift beyond just a Torsion crank is to convert to 4x4 and do a solid axle swap. Or get some fab shop to make a custom bracket lift if you want to stay 2wd. You are on your own with the first gens.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Metalalien is correct, but every once in a while a TC kit will show up for sale on sites like Dezertrangers.com or Race-dezert.com. Dezertrangers had one for sale just a few months ago from a guy in Arizona, still for sale if believe. You really have to watch for them is all. Total Chaos still carries many parts for the kits like Jam nuts, nuts, washers, bolts, tie rod extenders, hiems, brake lines and bushings. They just don't make the arms or sub frames anymore. Hanson at TC is super helpful, just take a picture of what you have and send it to him. He can put together what you need or "what they have".

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Body lift is your only true option. That and bigger tires. Remember that bigger tires is the only true lift.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm...not sure what I'll do then. I didn't want to body lift as I've heard it doesn't look as good as a true suspension lift...does a body lift look good?

·
Registered
17 Posts
All depends if your going for look or function. Body lifts can tear through the sheet metal of the cab if you drive to hard in off road conditions. They will expose more frame of the truck also. If Look is what your after a body lift is a super cheap way to achieve it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man, where I live it's all redneck and i see some shocking body lifts. I hate it when you look and you know right away. I have a same as you, 98 2wd 5 spd. And I'd love a 2wd Raider or something so I'm following this with interest! My box is One With God now in any case so not much lift needed there!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts