Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought this truck when I was 18 for 700 bucks. It was blue, but looked about like this one.....

I left for the Army in 2004, so I left Ol' Blue in a buddies field with a blown motor, but sitting with about 6 inches of lift.... When I was retired out of the Army in Nov 2009, I borrowed a trailer and went out to get her. She was full of bees, and covered in blackberried and moss. I pulled the bed off and went to work.

I purchased a cross-over steering kit, 5.29 gears with a detroit in the front and a spool in the rear, a double transfercase adaptor, and 7" ez-ride skyjacker springs, 37/13 R15 boggers, and shocks......

I put an old bench seat in out of an 80 2wd parts truck that I have, fresh cover and it's actually quite comfy. Unfortunatly you can't see the 3rd shifter in the pic.

Yesterday, I put the newly bobbed bed back on, and the boggers.....

Now I'm in for a lot of sanding, but it will be done by the 6th of March....MUD FEST here I come.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
very nice drphat on here is building an 84/5 only ? why boggers or are you gonna cut them

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
very nice drphat on here is building an 84/5 only ? why boggers or are you gonna cut them
No cutting. I cut the set of 38.5 14.50 tsl's that I had, and the difference in the way they handled wasn't worth the work. I like the way the narrow boggers dig/clean-out without modding them.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I want a 22r!!!! Sweet truck

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
nice project !!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got her Primed today.....

It's taller than I thought it would be....I'm 6'4

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I just understood your sn........... You should just leave that black primer

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's gonna be Kabota Orange, tomorrow. LOL about the name.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
haha yeah...... mine is ****** in spanish

Are you spraying a different base coat.... how are you going to get it that bright over black primer?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Dude that is looking fricken sicken primered up now. That is an awesome project man. I want to have an old project like that one day. Looking good.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
cool looking truck, did you get medically retired or what?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool looking truck, did you get medically retired or what?
Yea, I got medically retired as of Nov. 1 2009.

It's now Orange, and done exept door pannels and mirrors.

I think it turned out bright enough, even with the black primer....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Man.... you are making me miss my 79'.
Miss that little orange beast!

Great looking so far, keep the pics coming!

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
it is definitely bright enough... nice job. I wish I had somewhere to spray my truck.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I'm taking it out for a test run today....Need to make sure that it isn't going to fall apart at the Fest.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts