Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lucky number 7! Let's get the group together for a shakedown run before most of us head to Moab later in May. This is also JeniorNVs birthday, so come out to celebrate with us!

If you are interested, please respond with the dates and percentage of certainty that you will attend.

As per years past, some of us may arrive on the 4th to secure the compound in Sycamore camp. This CG has FREE hot showers and plenty of room for our group. Follow the access rd uphill from the entrance to the Upper Ranch and you will find the CG.

All rigs and abilities are encouraged to join us! HH has trails and obstacle courses that are fun for rigs from stock to heavily modified. The majority of trails are rated blue or moderate.

Attendee's:
1. BCBrian 5/5 early - 5/7 100%
2. R00 5/5 - 5/7 100%
3. JeniorNV 5/5 late - 5/7 100%
4. crewmaxxis 5/5 early 100%
5. jfrey123 5/5 late - 5/7 100%
6. Sixspeed-SV 5/5 late - 5/7 100%
7. RikRong 5/5 late - 5/7 100%
8. jbumx2 5/5 late - 5/6 60%
9. tomr 5/5 early - 5/7 100%
10. aaronsen 5/6 early - 5/7 100%
11. all_you_can_eat_taco (OB) 5/5 - 5/7 100%
12. chito frontier 5/5 late - 5/7 100% (In his PRIUS!)
13. mfed 5/6 10%
14. Enjoi408 5/6 100%

·
Premium Member
13,471 Posts
I'll be arriving Friday evening, possibly late, hopefully not too late.

Crewmaxxis will be attending as well. You can put him down as 95%.

I hope we have a decent turnout. Hollister camping trips always make for fun birthdays. :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
X-posted to NorCal Nissan Off-road FB page.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
X-posted to NorCal Nissan Off-road FB page.
OK..... please post interested peoples names here with the days they will attend and their percentage of certainty. I'll add them to the list.

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro4X
850 Posts
Put me down, 100%. If work throws me a curve ball, I'll update. I'll come up either Friday night or Saturday morning, I haven't determined yet.

Do I need to make reservations or is it large group CG?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro4X
850 Posts
It's a big group campground. No reservations required.
Awesome thanks. See you all in little over a month.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would like to go but I'm only 2wd is that okay? Seems worth it since it's only 2 hours away from me.
Of course you are welcome to join us but many of the trails we run require 4WD. There are some trails in the lower park that are doable in 2WD but for the others it would be best if you rode with someone with 4WD. If the ground is dry we might be able to get you to the top of the park, Hector Heights.

Here is a link to the map: Hollister Hills Upper Ranch 4WD area

Let me know if you are coming so I can add you to the list.

·
Read Only
34 Posts
Of course you are welcome to join us but many of the trails we run require 4WD. There are some trails in the lower park that are doable in 2WD but for the others it would be best if you rode with someone with 4WD. If the ground is dry we might be able to get you to the top of the park, Hector Heights.

Here is a link to the map: Hollister Hills Upper Ranch 4WD area

Let me know if you are coming so I can add you to the list.
Yeah that would be great to ride with someone on the 4wd trails! I'll for sure drive up Saturday, and will be 50% for Sunday depending on how Saturday goes! Thank You

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that would be great to ride with someone on the 4wd trails! I'll for sure drive up Saturday, and will be 50% for Sunday depending on how Saturday goes! Thank You
OK... I'll add you to the list. There are always multiple seats available for ride alongs.

Please plan to get there early as you need to go to the park HQ in the Lower Ranch and pay your day use fee ($5) and we try to leave camp for our morning run by 9 or so. Then we return to camp for lunch at mid day before heading out again in the afternoon. The trails close at dark and we have a bonfire gathering after dinner.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 month to go! I did some recon this past weekend and found some interesting erosion and some trails that have been graded. I will be arriving early and my plan is to walk some of the area's that we did not drive, so I can be sure not to lead the group into a mess.

The fire pit that I ran into has been replaced with a concrete one that will be perfect for our bonfire. I have 2 bundles of wood and a box of kindling that I will bring, so if a few of you folks grab a bundle we should be set. Also I checked the showers and both of them are working this year.

Bring some alcohol wipes as the Poison Oak crop is HUGE after all the rain we have had! Safeway sells a pop up container for $5 and it is money well spent....

·
Premium Member
13,471 Posts
I have 2 bundles of wood and a box of kindling that I will bring, so if a few of you folks grab a bundle we should be set.

I'll bring a couple bundles of that bug free firewood I get at Safeway. I know it's not great stuff, but trying to buy wood in California on my way down would be a hassle.

I'm trying to figure out my sleeping arrangements after the Death Valley wind nightmare left my tent in barely-usable (possibly unusable) condition.

I'm excited. What a great way to spend my birthday. :)

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro4X
850 Posts
I'll bring a bundle too. Are we going to work a group dinner on Saturday, similar to what we did at Hungry Valley?

Also, I'll be arriving late Friday. Do the gates stay open so I can come in the park? I know you said the trails close, but I was wondering about the park too.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll bring a bundle too. Are we going to work a group dinner on Saturday, similar to what we did at Hungry Valley?

Also, I'll be arriving late Friday. Do the gates stay open so I can come in the park? I know you said the trails close, but I was wondering about the park too.
We usually just fend for ourselves as far as dinner goes but if R00 wants to bring that awesome stove and go for the taco feed again on sat night, I'M IN!

They lock the gate to the Upper Ranch. I still have your cell phone # and will text you the gate lock combination on friday.

Check out the map that I posted earlier in the thread for the entrance location.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Send it to me too please?
I may just make you walk to camp to get it! >:D JK! Of course, I will send it to everyone who's # I have that is arriving friday night......

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.