Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone hear about the seven year old that stole his dads car and started a police chase last week?
He said that he did not want to go to church so stole the car and took off. After almost hitting a pedestrian, the cops were called. No one knew the age of the driver until he stopped the car and took off running.
The father said that he learned how to drive from all the video games. The thing is that the police said he knew how to drive too good just from the games. He took the corners and did not hit one curb!
I wonder how he would do off road?

YouTube - Seven-Year-Old Utah Boy Makes His Getaway From Church II

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
saw this on the news, and i must admit i did find it funny when the car finally stopped and the kid jumped out and took off.

what was funny is the cop gave up foot pursuit rather quickly.....that kid was gone. glad no one was hurt though, thats why i can laugh about it

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
yea i found this really funny. He wasent drving that bAD for a 7 year old, a lil swirving but he stayed on the road. LOL, he took off like a bat out hell when he finally came to a stop. All because he didnt want to sit in church.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I lost it when the kid jumped out and took off hahahhahahah

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
His dad said that he learned how to drive from the video games he played. As a punishment the games were taken away. He sure ran though. The cops just looked around and thought well hell. now what?

But I am glad the pedestrian was not hit, cause then it would have been trouble for the parents. I would like to know how he got the keys and away long enough to start a police chase. Parents should have been the ones calling for help, not an almost victim of young road rage. But yes, good driving for his age.

·
Registered
346 Posts
He probably asked for the keys to get something or put something away in the car and BAM joy ride while parents are in church...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds like what probably happened. It would work. Kind of be right back kind of thing and the parents did not even know what happened until the car was gone and they were looking for a ride home...
That would totally suck to get home and find the cops...:laugh:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Pretty impressive actually. Wrong, but impressive. Seems like he never even went over the speed limit either, probably because he couldn't reach.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
The thing that caught my eye was the lack of traffic in all of that driving. Even in my small town you can rarely drive that long and not see some traffic no matter what time of the day you are out and about.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
My neighbor took his moms Monty Carlo out for a joy ride when we were kids, he was 11 then. He got 3 towns away before getting pulled over. Back then, the cops called his mom to come get him and the car......end of story.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There was no traffic cuz its Utah and it was sunday... everyone and their dog was at church. After all that no charges were filed against the child (due to age) or the parents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts