Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Reactions: JDwoodworker92
Gas mileage isn't too bad for what it is. (4x4 truck with V6 engine).
You want better economy get a 2 wheel drive, manual tranny.
Realistically if you compair the one that gets good mileage with the Frontier over length of a year the actual difference isn't that much in terms of dollars.

Love my Frontier, The 07 Audi A4 and the 07 Jeep Unlimited made me jealous of boat owners and how much money they save on repairs.

My 2016 4x4 V6 SV doesn't get as good gas mileage as my 2006 4cyl did. It doesn't make much difference though. I drive between my house on Long Island and my house Upstate. In either truck, when I stop in Mawah, NJ for gas I will have enough to get upstate to the house and then home to Long Island. Maybe I spend a little more, but not enough to make a difference.

I loved my old truck but it was just a basic truck. My new truck has all the bells and whistles. I really love my new truck!

I really don't value the opinion of someone dumb enough to dump a brand-new vehicle after owning it one year - just because the fuel economy is a few MPG shy of what he/she was expecting.

That's some industrial-grade stupid, right there...

I really don't value the opinion of someone dumb enough to dump a brand-new vehicle after owning it one year - just because the fuel economy is a few MPG shy of what he/she was expecting.

That's some industrial-grade stupid, right there...
Some people own businesses and cars are part of that. It all comes down to what the bookkeeper says when he crunches up your last fiscal year for you.
Other people have women who need cars. Nobody ever said she gets to keep it when you break up.
And cars are fun. Knowing what's out there and how they really work can be gold for people in the car business. Fun costs money and as long as you have to spend money you might as well have some fun.

I like mine and am glad I have it. The people who write those columns are paid to write what the the people who pay them want them to write. I go by what I like and pretty much don't care what people think anyways.

Some people own businesses and cars are part of that. It all comes down to what the bookkeeper says when he crunches up your last fiscal year for you.
Other people have women who need cars. Nobody ever said she gets to keep it when you break up.
And cars are fun. Knowing what's out there and how they really work can be gold for people in the car business. Fun costs money and as long as you have to spend money you might as well have some fun.
Yeah I wish that list took into account why people traded the vehicle after one year.

If fuel milage was that critical i'd buy a tiny hybrid. Looking at travel trailers there are days I wish however that I had gone with a full size.
Hahahahaha

I have a Frontier CC to pull my "tiny & efficient" Fiat Abarth to the track where I am happy when I don't use 4 gallons of fuel in 14 miles lolz

Fuel mileage is overrated, I enjoy the truck getting 20ish, in town sucks, but he'll my Abarth gets like 17 or so in town.....oops? And it has a 1.4 Turbo 4cyl, maybe that's my problem....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I own a business - and if my bookeeper told me to dump a vehicle 1 year after I bought it, brand-new... it wouldn't be the vehicle I'd be getting rid of.

The cost of changing vehicles is usually a lot more than the published trade-in value implies, because there are taxes and other fees involved.

I own a business - and if my bookeeper told me to dump a vehicle 1 year after I bought it, brand-new... it wouldn't be the vehicle I'd be getting rid of.

The cost of changing vehicles is usually a lot more than the published trade-in value implies, because there are taxes and other fees involved.
You bet. But I own a car business. They come and go. I tend to buy them to do specific jobs for me over a certain amount of time. It usually washes out over the year (or three) and they are rarely new when I pick them up. The other thing, is that I can't give my customers a POS for a loaner. I have to keep better than good enough stuff around for them. Sometimes I feel like I'm running a dealership. I had a Mustang convertible for a few years and they fought over that one. One guy had other for 6 months.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.