Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2011 Frontier for about 4 months and 3000 miles and am quite happy with it. I plan to get the truck in to the Nissan dealer to change differential, transfer case and transmission fluids. At 60,000 miles the manual says to "inspect" but I'm inclined to replace. Any comments welcome, particularly from those that have put a lot of miles on their truck, most welcome.
Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had this service done on my 2013 about three months ago (at 50k miles). Good thing I did - They found a leaking rear axle seal which was repaired under warranty. I have about 3k more miles before the drivetrain warranty expires. I will get it in for coolant service near the end of that, and ask them to double-check the other rear axle seal.

The cost for fluid service on 2 differentials, transfer case and transmission was in the range of $350. I figured that was pretty reasonable for having the dealer do it.

Bill Gee

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Replace them if you don't want to inspect them, especially if you drive through water. Don't forget the front differential. If you have access to a jack and jack stands you could save yourself $250 doing it during an afternoon.

Look into adding a breather hose to the rear diff if you have not yet. There is a write up for this and the fluid changes on this site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts