Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why doesn't nissan make a Crew Cab nismo with a manual transmission.

4-door was a requirement for me when I got mine and I had to decide between an SE with a 6-speed, and a nismo with an automatic.

I've always driven manual transmissions as its just what I prefer, but I really wanted a rear locker as well. My decision finally came down to 2 things:

1. The transmission is something I would use everyday, and the locker would only be used for emergencies. I would be unhappy with the automatic everyday where I would only be unhappy with the open diff when I was stuck.

2. Its way easier to install an ARB locker later down the road in an SE than it would be to swap a manual tranny into a Nismo.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
ARB doesnt make a locker for the frontiers axle, unless something has changed recently.
Still, easier to swap a M226 into an SE than it is to swap transmissions. ARB does have an air locker for the 226, just not the C200.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
I know you probably had a brain fart but remember the manuals have the m226 and thus can add an ARB or TT while the c200k is still screwed for an LSD or locker.
when did ARB release a locker for the M226? last i knew they wouldnt work on the 226 because its not a standard dana rear. no clue what a TT is.

Still, easier to swap a M226 into an SE than it is to swap transmissions. ARB does have an air locker for the 226, just not the C200.
not if you have 4wd.

and i see they do have one for the 226 now. last i checked they didnt but that has been some time ago. there was argument about weather the locker for the c200 would work on the 05+ but i dont remember what the outcome was.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts
TT is a True-Trac locker.

Clint

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
TT is a True-Trac gear type limited slip diff.

Clint
fixed :thumbsup:

wonder what ever happened to that one-off CC Nismo manual that that one dude posted about his expedition vehicle......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.