Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Wonderjng if anyone might be able to help - I found a nice Delta Tool Box for 100$CAD and wanted to buy it to bolt to my Utilitrack system in the bed.

I know in theory the bed is about 60” wide, but does anyone know if I’ll be able to fit the 59.5” wide tool box between the bed sides, NOT sitting on the bed sides. I have a long bed and a topper and was wondering if it was possible.
It’s a far drive so I wanted to see if someone has tried it before.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Will the topper's hold-down clamps present an issue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the topper's hold-down clamps present an issue?
I thought about that, but since the clamp is all the way at the back corner, I would have to mount the box 1” away from the back anyways to not be right up against the horizontal Utilitrack.
I’m more interested if it box will actually fit sideways in - I know I can get a 40-50” to fit easily but this would be a nice way to utilize all of width of the bed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't know the answer, but looking at the photo of the rear of your truck I wonder if you'll be able to open the toolbox lid fully before it runs into the taper of your topper side walls?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know the answer, but looking at the photo of the rear of your truck I wonder if you'll be able to open the toolbox lid fully before it runs into the taper of your topper side walls?
Good point that might get annoying. Didn’t think of that. I guess I’m best off getting a box that’s as wide as the taller, non-tapered portion of the cap. I would guess around 45” is safe.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts