Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's easy to fall in love with a truck when your buying it. IT's not always so easy to stay in love with it over the years. ( been there-Doe That with Toyota!) So after exactly 3 years and 50,000 miles of ownership, I thought I’d weigh in on my 07 Frontier CC LE.
First, let me say that with the exception of the upgrades to the sound system and tonneau addition, my truck has remained fairly stock. It’s still running it’s original tires, no engine mods, lifts, etc. Additionally, it sit’s outside 24/7/360 , is driven daily , gets 7K synthetic oil changes, washed when I can and fed 87 Octane.
So here are my thoughts after 3 years of getting to know the truck. Power and comfort are fine for my mix of suburban and outdoor activities. Bed size, CC and wheelbase are a good tradeoff and never left me wanting for more room or maneuverability. Plenty of power for passing (even while towing) yet it still gives me 20+ Mpg when I drive it respectfully and no less than 16.5mpg when towing or driving it “like I stole it”. I’m good with that. Paint and body has held up very well and the interior , while a bit easy to mark, has done fine too. As far as “issues” I had the initial AC condensate leak that was quickly fixed and then nothing else but a “slow battery” which I was beating up with a 1600W audio drain anyway. Lastly, she is still very tight with just one small front end squeak starting this month.

So, what’s the verdict??? Yes, I believe I’d buy it again tomorrow!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So.....uh.....it sits inside for 5 or 6 days per year? (depending on leap year or not) LOL! just poking fun! I'm totally glad you are happy with your Fronty. That gives me good vibes on the future I'll have with mine. I plan to drive my new Frontier until it quits!

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
good to hear, i just eclipsed (haha) 76k miles on my 06 last week. overall i've been very happy though i wish i'd gotten a CC. i keep looking at the addition of the CC 6spd Pro4x next year and thinking to myself... do i want to? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I also have had my O7 CC for 3 years now with 37k. I will be changing the tires soon as the wear bars are at tread height. It has been mostly stock even the radio.... single income family man.
I also would buy it again.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
good to hear, i just eclipsed (haha) 76k miles on my 06 last week. overall i've been very happy though i wish i'd gotten a CC. i keep looking at the addition of the CC 6spd Pro4x next year and thinking to myself... do i want to? :thumbsup:
so you're going to build your own truck or did they finally start making CC 6-spd with the off road package?

as for me, I'm a month away from 5 years, just under 84k on the odometer and I would buy another...but why, this one's just broken in...

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
they just announced 2011 model frontier's will have the 6 spd option in the CC pro4x's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts