Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there is a thread on 100,000 miles but most respondents have 6 cylinder engines. I would be curious to see what mechanical problems or lack of mechanical problems have occured for those with over 50,000 miles on their 4 cylinder trucks in the 2005 or later model years (2nd gens only please). Also please note if you are the first or 2nd or subsequent owner of the truck and list any repairs you needed while you owned it. Note your odometer mileage as well.Thank you.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one out there with a 4cylinder gen 2 and over 50,000 miles??

·
Registered
335 Posts
No one out there with a 4cylinder gen 2 and over 50,000 miles??
i have 44xxx and have not had any problems. im the second owner i bought the truck with 26xxx on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
55000 miles

I have a 2007 Nissan XE 5 speed with 55000 miles. I've only had it about 3 months but I bought it from a friend & he said it had never been back to dealer. Front brake pads are original & still ok. To be honest it drives & looks like a new truck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My uncle has 106,xxx miles on his 07 XE automatic so far.

Somewhere just under the factory warranty he had a back right wheel bearing go bad, and under the extended warranty he had the thermal control amp in the ac replaced.

Everything else has just been oil changes, air filters and replaced the factory tires at 99k. The last time he had it in for an oil change they told him he needed new rear brake pads. Kinda odd that the rears need replacing first.

Edit: I forgot about when his battery died(over here luckily)... We went to carquest and picked up a new one for it. This was somewhere in the mid 90k range.

·
Registered
52 Posts
72,XXX on mine with out one problem other than needing a new battery. 2006 Xe Auto

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saw this earlier today. 05 xe manual

That looks like a fully depreciated truck....its nice to know that someone made it past 200,000 miles on a 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
posting here to get this back up to first page of 4 cylinder forum.

·
Registered
476 Posts
have about 67xxx, have had my catalytic converter replaced 3 times, once each year since 2008. air conditioner blower motor went out about 6 months ago. gas gauge sensor went out about 4 months ago (it was recalled though). pretty much all i can think of right now, but everything has been covered under extended warranty.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bringing this up from the dead. I just purchased an 05 frontier xe with 207k miles on it. 4cyl, auto. So far it seems to run great. Im curious how much farther it will go

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got an 06 XE, with 50550 just replaced fuel sending unit (covered under warranty) battery at 32k. Did learn that mine did not have cabin air filter.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bad news update:
My uncles truck is at 159,xxx miles now. He had to have the rear brakes replaced. They were squealing, completely worn out... This was before 120k I think.
Next came the fuel sending unit around 130k which was around 500 dollars to fix.
At 158,xxx he's pulling up and the rear wheel is making a terrible sound and smells really hot/burnt up. When he leaves the wheel completely locks up on him, sounds like me peeling out hah..
The dealership said the parking brake was catching and there was absolutely no fluid in the rear differential (they didn't find a leak either). They couldn't order the individual parts he needed, so whole new rear end and 2,700 dollars later it's back on the road.
I drove with him today and twice I heard a clunking sound when he went around corners... Dealership might not have done something right again.

Thinking about the rear brake issue causing all these problems, ever since the thing was new it would make a strange noise from the rear brakes when applying them in reverse... Either way when they needed to be replaced around 120k the dealership should have adjusted everything to spec then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great thread!! I am interested to see if anyone else had info on the thread. I have a 2009 king kab 4 cyl with 22,000 miles on it. Haven't had any trouble, but haven't put many miles on it yet.

·
Registered
335 Posts
well this is update i have now past 73xxx i have replaced 2 wheel bearings 1 warranty part and the other i paid for the fan clutch went out and the alternator
and the fuel sender went out all warranty parts thank god it was like 2800 in parts and labor other then that clutch feels good brakes are good just did the rear diff fluid change

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
2005 XE. Mine's in now for 60,000 mile service, ECM relay recall, and the fuel sending unit. Haha I had been using my trip odometer as my gas gauge since August. Still have plenty of evenly worn tread on the original Grabbers, plenty of life on the original brake pads. Previous tsb/recall work done:

Recall: gas cap tether 2006-ish
TSB: Door lock somethin or other 2006-ish
TSB: Engine ticking (exhaust manifold) 2006-ish

I think that's it as I remember. It's been great and still feels new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
60490 miles on my 09 4 cylinder. Bought it used in March of 2010 with 2700 miles on it. No problems at all, yet. (wait, I didn't just jinx myself did I?)

Charlie

·
Registered
58 Posts
Almost 76000 miles on my '07 XE 5 speed. Only repair so far was the fan motor resistor-I searched this site for repair & fixed it for $60 in 10 minutes. Original brakes, plugs, etc. Tough little truck which hauls anything I need & gets good fuel economy

1 - 20 of 63 Posts