Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

From increased safety to capturing beautiful vistas, driving with a dash cam nowadays is a no-brainer.

From Russian meteors to Chinese firework factory explosions, the dash cam has become the darling of viral video entertainment. And is responsible for capturing an unfathomable amount of footage that, collectively, has garnered billions of views on the Internet. That’s amazing since the point of owning a dash cam is far different. Most people are more interested in the legal and safety benefits of driving with a dash cam than online entertainment royalties.
Read more about the 5 Reasons You Should Drive with a Dash Cam.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,145 Posts
I have cameras in both my vehicles and they have saved me big headaches with insurance companies in the past. I highly recommend everyone to consider installing one in their vehicles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installing Dashcams

If you're buying a Dash Cam, here's a couple of tips to select the right one.

1. Get the cam with a 170 degree wide angle lens. This will give you more video out toward
the sides of the vehicle.
2. Get a 2 channel system. Then you can mount the 2nd camera in your rear window. This helps
when people whack you in the rear and claim you backed into them.
3. Mount the front camera right under the rearview mirror. Gives you full panoramic view.
4. I mount the rear camera on velcro, on the top rubber rim of the window. Can be disconnected
when you clean the windows.

They give you plenty of cable to hide when installing. Its up to you where you run the cable(s).
Install is pretty simple just use your imagination.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
What dash cams would you guys recommend?
I have a Blacksys ch200 and I like it. Pics attached are screen shots after i installed it last year on my last truck front a rear.
I only have one Vid from install on this truck from front view.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would definitely look for a two channel setup, although mine is not. I have two cameras, front and rear: Street Guardian's Panarama S and X1, renamed for whatever reason to SGZC12SS and SGZC12RC respectively. What's nice about the one in the back is the camera is just a little thing about the size of a roll of Tums and fits on the rear window of my camper shell while the monitor which is remote fits snugly in the little space in front of the gear shift - it came with an 18' cable. I can tap it on whenever I want to view out the back. I have had both these for some years so probably no longer available.

My hesitation in recommending dash cams unconditionally is they do create a record for good or bad. Shenanigans might be fun on YouTube but your footage could work against you too. On the other hand, they can work as a conscience. I was amazed at how often I unknowingly rolled through stops where I thought I had come to a complete.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts