Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I need more places for switches on the 4x4 switch plate. Is there a 4 or 5 switch plate that will fit a 2013 frontier?

I've seen a few posts about this but don't see what year(s) truck people are doing this to.

I have a '13 frontier with 3 switch locations to the right of the 4x4 switch. I have read that there are panels that came in some trucks with 4 and 5 switch spots, but I can't find what year trucks those are. While searching for that I kept coming across mentions of '05-'09 dashes being different and swapping parts from a dash in those years won't work with a '10+.

I'm assuming the 4 and 5 switch plates are '05-'09 because the posts aren't any newer than 2011 that I found. Also the part numbers I keep finding for the switch plates either "aren't found", or are for an 06 xterra, which would be fine, but it looks nothing like the shape of my switch plate...

My current switch plate

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are either of those by any chance grey like my interior?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Are either of those by any chance grey like my interior?

My vehicle is steel gray interior and looks exactly like yours. I assume you can find the part number online for the panel. I wouldn't think it would be more than $20. But just guessing here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thank you

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
I have a 2014 with 5 spots. Cost to convert is around $80-100, you need the main panel and the switch carrier for the back. That lower part is the same between your 2013 and mine.

I have my original 5-switch panel (in steel color), but it has a few holes drilled in the left side for when I had my subwoofer knob installed. if you don't care about the holes, I'd be glad to sell it LOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2010 p4x with 5 spots

Kurt

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
I have a 2014 with 5 spots. Cost to convert is around $80-100, you need the main panel and the switch carrier for the back. That lower part is the same between your 2013 and mine.

I have my original 5-switch panel (in steel color), but it has 3 holes drilled in the left side for when I had my subwoofer knob installed. if you don't care about the holes, I'd be glad to sell it LOL
Interested, price?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the flat part with the switches come out of the big part with the 12v plugs or is it all one solid piece?

And does anyone have the part numbers for a switch panel with 4 or 5 switch spots for a 2013? Every part number I'm finding is 05-08 and from the looks of it, there's no way that'll fit the 13s dash.

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
Does the flat part with the switches come out of the big part with the 12v plugs or is it all one solid piece?

And does anyone have the part numbers for a switch panel with 4 or 5 switch spots for a 2013? Every part number I'm finding is 05-08 and from the looks of it, there's no way that'll fit the 13s dash.

Nope. That's why everyone who wants more switch locations has to swap out the entire lower dash panel, if you look at the parts diagrams it clearly shows this.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can someone please give me a link or part number to the piece with 4 or 5 switch holes? EVERYTHING I have found looks like the 05-08 dash piece. Every parts diagram has the switch carrier and the lower piece of the dash listed separate, which must mean they come apart...

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
Can someone please give me a link or part number to the piece with 4 or 5 switch holes? EVERYTHING I have found looks like the 05-08 dash piece. Every parts diagram has the switch carrier and the lower piece of the dash listed separate, which must mean they come apart...

The lower dash piece (the part you see) is the lower console. The "switch carrier" is a black piece that actually holds the switches to the back of the console. Without the switch carrier, the individual switches have nothing to mount to. So you need both lower console and switch carrier to do the swap. Because our trucks share a lot of parts across a lot of model years, the part numbers might not be as year-specific.

You could also just get the right answer for your vehicle by contacting Courtesy at 1-800-527-1909 or email [email protected]. They're a dealer that sells OEM parts online, popular place to shop, so they should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
As Raine said, call Courtesy, they will know exactly what you are asking for and their price is as good or better than everywhere else. I had called wanting the 4 port but it was back ordered for 2 months so I went with 5 and they knew all the parts needed for both. I do think that these are the same from 05 to now on both the Frontier and Xterra. Part of why they still have 2 holes for power ports but many only have one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok...I must be special. I've read the threads that you guys linked and a couple others I found by searching and looked up every part number in the threads. I have checked on Courtesy's site, still have not called or e-mailed them though. I can't seem to find the lower dash piece for 5 switches in the steel color.

Here are the part numbers I have found and what their description says they go to:

25412-ZL45A small piece that actually holds the switches, not visible when installed. Pretty sure this is the 5 switch piece that I need

68245-ZL45D lower dash piece, in steel color, but it is only for 2009-2012 p4x frontiers, which only have 3 switches from what I have seen

68245-ZL45C lower dash piece, 5 switch, graphite, also 2009-2012

68245-ZL45A lower dash piece, 5 switch, desert, 2009-2012

I've been out of town for the past week so I haven't contacted courtesy or checked at a dealership yet but I'm going to later this week or weekend.

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
LOL dude if you sent an email way back when I suggested, you'd have an answer by now.

My extra lower console says "68246-ZL45".

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
Courtesy was absolutely no help when I ordered my 5 switch plate from them. I used the thread that mtaylor linked along with a lot of Google searching to come up with the right answer.

As a correction to your original post, 2009 is the first year of the newer style bezel, not the last year of the older one.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Alot of dealers require the VIN when ordering parts. Especially special order parts. This is saving them from getting you the wrong part. They don't want it sitting on their shelves for years because it didn't fit. All because the customer gave them the wrong information.

You will run into some issues with years too when ordering parts. Sometimes it seems we the consumer go by model year but nissan will go by year built. I ran into that a few times in the past.

There used to be a program called NISSAN FAST. I haven't used it in years but it was a list of all the parts, with diagrams and part numbers. It was fantastic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts