Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I dont want to do a spacer kit and I dont have the money or the need for a full on lift. I want to raise the front of my truck for now and when I get more money I'll do the rear. I'm 2wd so I dont need some crazy lift anyways. I found these lift springs, https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/frontier-front-lift-coils-p-3790.html, and I know one person here is highly against them but other than that I have not found anyone else who did not like em. Now my question is, if I bought these what kind of strut would I need? 4x4 parts says they recommend a simple bilstein strut but I have the Nismo so wouldnt it defeat the purpose of getting new ones? Or are the ones on 4x4 a longer strut to account for the longer spring. My thinking is if I put these on my stock strut I'm going to be topping the strut out all the time because the spring is longer correct? Thanks for the input :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*cough cough* anyone there that can help? I dont care if you even tell me I'm an idiot for wanting to do this :noworries: Any help or insight is appreciated :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I think the bilstein shock should work out fine for this, the shocks are the only difference between nismo and non-nismo, and the springs are slightly stronger on 4x4 models

And yeah the shock will definitly be sitting higher, therefore that may decrease ride quality but you'll have enough space still

Check out the bilstein height adjustable shocks tho if you just want 2 inches thought they're another good alternative

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
yup if you like toppin out get em. Mine toped out so much it was tearing the front shock apart at the welds. I dont know if they changed anthing with there springs, but I now use a coilover from prg, big improvement.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Id recommend going with the adj bills or ranchos over the springs. They are good, but you can get better for around the same price. If you dont care about ride, get the springs. If you want an awesome ride and want the lift, get ranchos or bills.
I have been also considering those leveling shocks but what I dont like is that they ruin the camber of the truck. I dont want to level the truck out and have to get new tires sooner than neccesary. If I was to get the leveling shocks is there anything I could do, thats not drastic, to fix the camber? I'm sure an alignment would help but you can only do so much with what you have.

·
Registered
839 Posts
All you need is alignment bolts and alignment, you should be good to go

·
Registered
228 Posts
Any lift is going to affect camber. DO NOT buy lift springs they will either break or rip your front struts apart. Buy lift bil's or rancho quicklifts and call it done for now if you dont want spacers.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the cam bolts and an alignment on mine and it sits right in manufacture specs.
How much did you get your Ranchos for? If you dont mind me asking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts