Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my body lift in and have a few questions. Most of you that have installed the 2" kit say it only took 30 mins to 1 1/2 hrs.. did you follow the instructions to a tee?
Can someone let me know the minimum steps involved?

From the instructions, it states the following

Unbolt the AC line bracket, remove bolt from lower steering shaft to rack and pinion, take off lower fan shroud, drain cooling system, remove upper rad hose, unhook brake lines from firewall and pass side lower fire wall, remove and cut the power steering bottle bracket... IS all of this necessary???

I thought I read somewhere that someone just took off the lower shroud and a few other things...

After some searching this is what I have found that needs loosened or removed to install the kit.

Front and rear brake lines, tag light wires, and lower rad shroud. Also someone said to loosen all the body bolts before starting on one side and then working my way to the other side.

Can someone confirm that is all that is needed?

·
Rogue Admin
12,849 Posts
Front and rear brake lines, tag light wires, and lower rad shroud. Also someone said to loosen all the body bolts before starting on one side and then working my way to the other side.

Can someone confirm that is all that is needed?
I did the DIY body lift and this is all I did

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Zebra!! I had found your original post but since lost it. I was going to post that info to see if anyone else had the same results. There is a ton of instructions/steps with the 4x4 BL. I think they combined the 2" and 3" lift together to make it simple for them... If anyone has any clear pictures of all the spacers and there location that would be cool. If not, I'll try and take pics often during the install for others to come after me.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
thanks Zebra!! I had found your original post but since lost it. I was going to post that info to see if anyone else had the same results. There is a ton of instructions/steps with the 4x4 BL. I think they combined the 2" and 3" lift together to make it simple for them... If anyone has any clear pictures of all the spacers and there location that would be cool. If not, I'll try and take pics often during the install for others to come after me.
pics really are not necessary. When its time to install things it will be obvious where they fit. As far as the actual body lift it took me about 30min for the lift itself. I bit longer for the bumpers cuz I fabbed up my own brackets.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
yeah i just put mine on too about 2 hours all together with moving the front bumper up there instructions suck must be for a 3" and theres alot of extra parts in the box i just read the diy bodylift thread made it was easier but the only step i havent seen you ask about is you might have to replace the upper radiator hose afterward mine was way tight other than that easy sailin

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nismo, do you have part number for the hose? Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Nismo, do you have part number for the hose? Thanks for the heads up.
you shouldnt have to change it. I have never heard of anyone having to change it on the 2" body lift

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
both penski and johnnyv bring up the upper hose as a maybe on this page and mine was pretty tight afterwards and with a plastic radiator i didnt want it pulling down on it incase of future breakage where the upper hose goes on and i got the napa 15" 1.25" diamater hose that johnnyv has works great but yes you will have to drain some antifreeze to change the hose just get a clean bucket and reuse when your done

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/diy-2-body-lift-19685/index2.html

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
both penski and johnnyv bring up the upper hose as a maybe on this page and mine was pretty tight afterwards and with a plastic radiator i didnt want it pulling down on it incase of future breakage where the upper hose goes on and i got the napa 15" 1.25" diamater hose that johnnyv has works great but yes you will have to drain some antifreeze to change the hose just get a clean bucket and reuse when your done

thanks for the info. Mine never got really tight. You would think all the trucks would be the same but I guess not

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
no problem i probably could have left the stock hose and never had any problems but for peace of mind i changed it anyway it could even just come down to the hose gettin cut short at the manufacturer by a little or somethin stupid

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I'm assuming this is for a frontier?? what year???? or is it a generic 15"X 1.25 rad hose??

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I'm assuming this is for a frontier?? what year???? or is it a generic 15"X 1.25 rad hose??
it is a generic hose nissan calls for a 1.3 diamater hose so the 1.25 is a little tighter to get on but is a few inches longer in a 15" length and its a flex hose not pre shaped sorry about the late a$$ reply u get the body lift yet??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem man. Yea I got the kit. I plan on putting it on this weekend. Is there a relocation bracket for the rear bumper? All I see in the kit is for the front... I'll try and post progress pics as I go. If it's anything like my luck with the PRG kit I'll be at this Damn thing all weekend :)

Disclaimer, nothing was wrong with PRG kit. It was the pass side lower shock bolt that I had trouble with. Just wanted to make that clear ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished it up today. Really not too hard. I didn't have to replace the upper rad hose. I'll post pics in a few days. Only problem is the stock skid plate wont fit...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
pics pics pics!! can u get like between the bed and frame in the rear wheel well? also the back bumper and anytihng else thats important!!! pleaseee!!!

:goodjob::fantastic::ugogirl:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Finished it up today. Really not too hard. I didn't have to replace the upper rad hose. I'll post pics in a few days. Only problem is the stock skid plate wont fit...
mine fits, muwahahaha

PM me if you're interested in making the oem plate fit for fairly cheap (free for me since I had stuff laying around)

pics pics pics!! can u get like between the bed and frame in the rear wheel well? also the back bumper and anytihng else thats important!!! pleaseee!!!

:goodjob::fantastic::ugogirl:
the back bumper looks like crap if you do not raise it up. I drove around for a week with mine not raised and could not stand it.

in this pic my bumpers are not raised (neither front or back) and I you can see the gap in between the frame and bed. This is at the worst angle you could ever look at it. It looks fine in person. I also welded up some 2"x2" steel cubes to fill the gap where the bed rails are so my bed still has some supports in those 4 points.

in this pic my bumpers are raised and you can see the gap. This is more what it looks like in person.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
thanks nismo! how did you relocate the rear bumper? did you have to make your own brackets?

off topic: have u had any problems with your kc's melting the rockgaurds? hasnt happend to me yet but they do put off a lot of heat

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice quad NISMO!! Wish my dirt bike would fit with the extender :(

I'm thinking about using some thin sheet metal to cover the gap between the bed and frame in the fender well. I think I could paint it and rivet it to the bed... don't hold out on the top secret rear bumper lift NISMO :)
I'll PM ya in a few.

Here are the pics!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts