Nissan Frontier Forum banner

4x4 display flashing 4lo and and no tires engaged while driving.

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gibsons Guy 
#1 ·
I have 2012 nissan frontier Pro-4X and while driving the 4 wheel drive display starts flashing 4lo and all four tires and transfer case not engaged. I'm not using 4 wheel drive or just used it and this keeps happening. 4WD light not on and no showing codes. Does anyone know what is going on? Is it a switch in the transfer case? Is my 4WD going out? If need be I can upload a video and drop a link showing what's happening. Any help is appreciated thanks.

#4 ·
Any other warning lights on the right that's out of the video frame? Like the "4WD" warning light or "ABS" warning light? Frontiers have electronic shift on the fly, so a lot of things have to work perfectly. For example, if an ABS sensor is out, so does the 4WD.

Stupid question, but what position is your 4WD selector switch in? I think the 4x4 display flashing like that is indicating that you commanded the transfer case to shift to 4L but the parameters to shift to 4L are not met.

#6 ·
There is no other lights on. No 4WD, no ABS nothing. The 4 wheel drive selector is in 2WD, I can engage and disengage 4H and 4L without any issue. When its put in 4H all the tires turn black and same with 4L. From time to time it will flash when in 4H or 4L but everything is still working fine. I havent put it in 4WD in over a week and it still blinks randomly when driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.