Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys wondering if anyone has had this issue, through the many threads it seems like there is only one other guy who had this combination of lights and it ended up being a battery issue but his 4x4 and ABS still worked fine where as mine don't.

About 2 months ago I ripped out my passenger side rear ABS speed sensor and immediately the ABS, VDC, and SLIP lights came on. So no biggie I just splice it up and it keeps the lights off until our first very cold snap. While this was going on my speedo started acting funny (needle jumping around on start-up) and my 4x4 screen went blank with the 4x4 light coming on along with the parking brake.

For the next week I would start it up to have my normal SLIP,VDC, ABS lights on, but now the 4x4 indicator screen went blank and light on along with the parking brake light would be on at start-up, then after driving a few miles warming the truck up the parking brake light and 4x4 warnings would go away with what seemed to be a temperature increase.

So thinking it was my splice which had came loose I disconnected it, and for the last month its been a steady ABS,SLIP,VDC, then 30 seconds after start-up the parking brake and 4x4 light come on with the indicator screen blank. I have also been able to switch in and out of 4x4 within the first 30 seconds on start-up before the indicator screen goes away.

Yesterday I finally got my new speed sensor in from the dealership and threw it in thinking it would solve all of these issues but it didn't, same lights on and now I can't even switch into 4x4 during those first 30 seconds anymore.

Does this sound like a bad ABS module unit? I can see it bringing up every light except the 4x4 one.

For reference the brake fluid is topped up, new pads and rotors, all drivetrain fluids are fresh and within 10000 kms.

Hopefully someone has experienced something similar.

The other thing I was thinking of was a bad ground somewhere, fuses look good although I'm gonna go over each one with my ohmmeter.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
The ABS if busted will not let you go into 4x4. Did you have the ECM recall replaced? That could be acting up as well. Did you try throwing a code scanner on to see if it said anything? I have not had this specific problem, and only dealt with the speed senson issues but all went away when I replaced.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Did you ever figure out what caused it? I am having a similar issue.
Member "humz" hasn't been around in over two years, so you likely won't get a response from him. If you are having similar issues to his, you should get the ABS codes read, which will require a code reader or scan tool that is capable of reading "C-codes." That might help let you know what is going on. All of the symptoms "humz" had are all related to the ABS system. The speedometer gets input from the wheel speed sensors, the 4WD system, the traction control and VDC system and ABS system all use input from the wheel speed sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts