Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2x4 nismo cc and I was planning a trip up to do some snowboarding. Apperntly their is a lot of snow up their and I was wondering if anybody that had a 2x4 nismo that has experiance with it in the snow. I just wanted to know if im going to have to buy chains so I dont get stuck every 5 minutes. Also if you have any pics of your snow action please post them, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the 4x4 Nismo, but never have to use the 4x4 in the snow, The VDC is invaluable though.

If you have the VDC you will be pleasantly surprised how it does.

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
kansasfrontier said:
I have the 4x4 Nismo, but never have to use the 4x4 in the snow, The VDC is invaluable though.

If you have the VDC you will be pleasantly surprised how it does.
I have the 4x4 Nismo as well but without the VDC. Just this week it snowed a couple of inches here in Denver. Anyway I put the truck in 4wd before even leaving the driveway. As I was going to work I took it out of 4wd, just to see what would happen, and it was all over the place. So needless to say I put it back into 4wd. If you take it easy in the 2x4 should do fine because they are pretty heavy in the back end and since you have the crewcab the weight distributed a little better as well.

Also I go to Vail, CO(over Vail Pass) for work all the time with a 2wd Ford Ranger(company truck). This thing isn't the best in the snow but it doesn't need chains.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Re: ummm ok

12345 said:
Jay P, care to elaborate on that for me
It's a little sarcasm mixed with fact. When riding in my buddies truck and were about to get stuck we'll just gas it up and let our momentum plow us through whatever might get us stuck. So there you go.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Re: ummm ok

12345 said:
Jay P, care to elaborate on that for me
It means to gas it up when tour about to get stuck, but since it's snow/slippery take it a little bit easier. oops double post :evil:

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
We got about a foot of snow over the weekend and I left my truck in 2WD to see if I could get out of my driveway, and got stuck about 1/2 way up it. I would think it would be different if I had pretty good momentum going into it though.

Depending on how much snow you are thinking about driving through, chains might not be a bad idea to at least have available.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yea, rwd cars pretty much suck in snow... the weight is the main advantage of the frontier in the snow, and power (adding momentum) but be careful with the fishtailing.

if you do take it to the snow pay attention driving, you might want to turn the radio down to hear wheel spin (esp automatics) if you fishtail just be smooth in correcting, let the thottle down slowly. when accelerating apply throttle slowly

basically take it easy in the snow and youll be fine
and dont put your self into something that you dont know you can handle

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've had my Frontier in the snow and it handles great! Just use common sense.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i went snow boarding last night my self... and i wanted my truk to taste a lil snow
i have a 2x4 nismo CC as well.... and it did alright for me.. i mean i was gasing it for fun but wen i was getting out of it i was doing fin and mine done even have VCD jus da diff locks which i didnt use...
also it would depend greatly on how steep the hill is...
also with momentum, make sure u have room to stop
have fun with it tho...
P's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts