Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Driving down beach on Saturday went to change from 1st into 2nd, let clutch out then nothing. First thought was clutch signed off,put back in 1st-nothing, tried 4H-1st gear nothing, tried 4L-1st gear nothing. Mate towed me off beach with Patrol V8 Chev Diesel onto blacktop to home. Was just about to go home & put in 2H-1st gear & guess what? it started moving. Put in 4L it was OK, then put in 2H & dash said it was in 4L & it drove like it was in 4L even though 2H was selected.
Only thing I can think of is solenoid for 4WD selection is stuffed.
Anybody else had this dilemma.
It still has 5 months warranty on it, so I'm interested to see what nissan say.

Thanks for any input in advance.
Mal

· Registered
310 Posts
Was 4L flashing. Mine sometimes takes a little time to select 2H after 4L. Try reverse back a metre or so then back into 1st. You should hear a click as transfer case selects 2H. As for changing into 2nd and nothing, I havent had that issue but i think your on the right track. Definately sounds like selector switch.

· Registered
619 Posts
Its a known issue that Nissan dont want to know about , the 4l / 4h sticks and wont disengage if it happens more than twice get it looked at , costly repair after the warranty has run out , can t wait for the new VW :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.