Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there, i got 06' nismo cc. it got 31,500 miles on this truck. my friend told me to run the 4wd system on summer times so it will keep the fluid moving. anyways today i did it my neigborhood running around 20mph. this noise is coming under the truck. its not grinding noise but its really wierd. maybe some of you encounter this problem. maybe you can shed a light to my worries. thanks guys

·
Registered
321 Posts
we definitely need more info...area noise was heard from, type of noise, constant?..things like that..could you still hear it when you went back to 2wd?..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
:noworries: Just wanted to make sure since that would be bad for your truck. Times 2 on what dubie said. We need a little more description if possible.
its more of a clicking noise but not loud.

it sounds like a bad lifter.

we definitely need more info...area noise was heard from, type of noise, constant?..things like that..could you still hear it when you went back to 2wd?..
2wd is fine runs smooth and shift smooth. but when 4wd on it makes the clicking noise constant but not loud. loud enough that i can hear it.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Well, first impression is that you blew the front diff (cracked a spider and thus fubared the diff), but since it is fine in 2wd, that doesn't appear to be the issue. Since we do not have manual hubs, your front diff is always moving and so is your driveshaft.

I would think your noise has to be something with your Tcase. You may want to check the fluid level and then go from there. Also, is there any oil spots on the bottom of the truck that could have been caused by trans fluid being flung out of a seal?

Lastly, I would suggest a U-joint but if its only in 4wd, it doesnt appear to be valid.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, first impression is that you blew the front diff (cracked a spider and thus fubared the diff), but since it is fine in 2wd, that doesn't appear to be the issue. Since we do not have manual hubs, your front diff is always moving and so is your driveshaft.

I would think your noise has to be something with your Tcase. You may want to check the fluid level and then go from there. Also, is there any oil spots on the bottom of the truck that could have been caused by trans fluid being flung out of a seal?

Lastly, I would suggest a U-joint but if its only in 4wd, it doesnt appear to be valid.
there is no spots at all in parking spot. i check that right away. definetly gonna check my trans fluid and the tcase fluid. thanks a lot dubie2003 and all you guys who replied.:goodjob:

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I am not sure how to check the Tcase but the Transmission will require you to remove a 10mm bolt to release the dipstick.

Also, since you will be checking under the truck, look at the rear wheels on the inside of the rims for oil? The m226 (axle in which in under the rear of your truck) has a tendency of blowing seals which will cause oil to leak and get flung around the inner rim.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not sure how to check the Tcase but the Transmission will require you to remove a 10mm bolt to release the dipstick.

Also, since you will be checking under the truck, look at the rear wheels on the inside of the rims for oil? The m226 (axle in which in under the rear of your truck) has a tendency of blowing seals which will cause oil to leak and get flung around the inner rim.
thanks... you are really a big help.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts