Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am at work tonite(in a deli in a supermarket) and we are supposed to leave by 9 o'clock. Well in order to get done by 9, we have to shut everything down at around 8, which means cleaning multiple machines, slicers, doing the floor, etc. At about 8:30 an older man in a motorized wheelchair comes up and asks if we are closed and I tell him that we are getting there but we aren't yet. He says nevermind(even though I was going to cut his ham for him) and rolls off. About 5 minutes later we get a phone call from the manager. She says "If you EVER treat a customer like you just treated that man, I will fire you on the spot." I explained the whole situation to her and told her I was going to serve him but he left and she said she did not care and that he was coming back and I BETTER be polite to him and apologize. Well he comes rolling back up and I tell him I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I cut his ham, apologized again(for the second time) and told him to have a nice evening. About 10 minutes later the manager comes back there and says he complained to her that I was rude again. I started to tell her what really happened and she said she didn't care and that I needed to clock out and leave, I did not have a job there anymore.

So basically, I got fired because a manager would not let me tell my side of the story, or even ask the girl who was working with me if I was rude. What a bench.

Sorry, I needed to let that out.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
That's completely stupid. I'd report her for that.

Also, I say screw them, if you are suppose to close at 9 don't start closing until 8:45, but I guess that doesn't not matter anymore. Sorry about your luck man

·
Registered
303 Posts
You need to file a complaint on the manager, that's BS dude.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Is this from Publix?

I'd start going up the chain of command and don't stop until your entire story is told.

Also, idk if there are security cameras on your area but you may request that the video's are reviewed with all managers and you present and see if their side changes.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Thats a pile of horse sh!t. I hate managers like that. I use to work at Publix supermarkets in Florida & some of their managers were this way. What a load of crap.

Is this from Publix?

I'd start going up the chain of command and don't stop until your entire story is told.

Also, idk if there are security cameras on your area but you may request that the video's are reviewed with all managers and you present and see if their side changes.
Yeah he cannot be fired in such a manner without a further investigation. He can request this & actually can speak to the District manager if they do not approve his request.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Not Publix, it was Ingles. There are not cameras near our department, they have the big black bubble things in the ceiling but they are empty lol
Damn dude, thats not a goodthing on your part but you can show them the ignorance on her part towards you.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Cut the b!+<h's tires!!

Just joking. I would type the entire situation out giving a copy to her, her manager, and the regional rep tomorrow. When you show up to deliver it be dressed professional. She needs to be replaced.

If nothing happens of that maybe the BBB can do someting for you => prob not worth it, but it's cool to flex muscle eveery so often.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Thats good advice about the BBB & the copy.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Better Business Bureu

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
after you pick up your check, go back the next evening at 8:59 and ask for a bunch of difficult cuts of meat. Then, after they are cut and you are in the checkout line, call that manager over and tell her you changed your mind and don't want the meat and that she can shove it up her ***. Then walk out while flying her the bird.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
after you pick up your check, go back the next evening at 8:59 and ask for a bunch of difficult cuts of meat. Then, after they are cut and you are in the checkout line, call that manager over and tell her you changed your mind and don't want the meat and that she can shove it up her ***. Then walk out while flying her the bird.

That would be a douche thing to do to the people that I worked with though. I am not mad at them, they are cool for the most part. Its the manager that i don't like. If I cannot get anything out of the store manager or head office, I will find a way to cause problems for them lol I am very good at pissing people off:)

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
you wre fired because one person had a stick in there a$$? i would so own that chick. file a complaint and also get a copy of the employee manual and read it front to back and see what, if any, there policies are for being dismissed from employment. if she bypassed any written policies i would file a formal complaint on her and see where it goes.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you wre fired because one person had a stick in there a$$? i would so own that chick. file a complaint and also get a copy of the employee manual and read it front to back and see what, if any, there policies are for being dismissed from employment. if she bypassed any written policies i would file a formal complaint on her and see where it goes.
I think I have one around here somewhere, I will look for it tomorrow and check it out. Looks like the ole frontier won't be getting too much love for a bit lol that's the worst part

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
call headquarters and ask to speak to someone about employee relations. they will be able to tell you if she was in the right or wrong. if she was wrong file a formal complaint and keep calling to check on the status. dont stop till you get your job back and get her a$$ fired.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts