Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone repacked their front wheel bearings on a 4 wheel drive? The Nissan maintenance guide recommends repacking the front wheel bearings with grease at 30k. I have 50k and am in the school of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". being that it looks more complcated that 2 wd models.

·
Registered
876 Posts
From reading on the CF, I would say if you don't get them under water often, you don't need to change them earlier than whats suggested. As for being 20k over the suggested replacement period.. it wouldn't hurt to take a look, then decide.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Other than the bolts to remove the locking hub and the c-clip to remove the inner part of the locking hub, there is hardly any more work on the 2wd than the 4wd hubs. I have to get on mine ASAP since I did a few deep creek crossings a few weeks ago. Mine hasn't been off the trailer yet though!

50k is hardly a big deal but consider that the bearings aren't exactly cheap and the grease does get contaminated over time. If you rip it apart I recommend getting new inner grease seals (they are $12/ea or so) since they usually get damaged when you pull them out to service the inner wheel bearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts