Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hauled a 4-wheeler (utility type) in the bed of a Frontier. My quad weighs about 650 lbs. It will fit with the tailgate down, but I'm a bit concerned about the weight on the tailgate. What is the weight capacity on the tailgate? Any information helpful. Thanx. danno :serious:

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I have a honda 250 that I've wondered the same thing about. Not a large 4 wheeler by any standard but a middleweight. I always haul with a trailer but it would be nice to just have some ramp plates and load it in the back. Glad this got brought up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
ive had a few motorcycles in the bed before with the gate down on a short drive. for long distances, say over 100 miles, i would shoot for a trailer.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I carried a Polaris Sportsman 400 & 500 in mine, the tail gate didn't mind and wasn't as much of an issue as how much the truck squatted with that much weight back there. With the quad in the back the steering was pretty light, I definitely would recommend airbags.

Attachments

Reactions: frontiersouthga

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm jealous. I have a 4 wheeler, truck, trailer but... no one in the area rides them anymore. And all the good places to go are being developed and closed down. My whole family had them and went for rides every weekend before I was driving. Now I don't have anyone to ride with. Sad times.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I'm jealous. I have a 4 wheeler, truck, trailer but... no one in the area rides them anymore. And all the good places to go are being developed and closed down. My whole family had them and went for rides every weekend before I was driving. Now I don't have anyone to ride with. Sad times.

I actually just bought my four wheeler. I rode alone the first few weeks but my buddy ended up getting one so we ride together now. Fun stuff. I live in south Ga so I have an abundance of state land and farm land to ride though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... thanx. My previous Titan had no problem with me-on-the quad rolling up ramps and into the bed. However, the bed was long enough to accommodate this machine. //danno

·
Registered
520 Posts
About ten yrs ago I was climbing into an F250 Hi-Boy on my Sportsman 500. I had the folding ramps come out from under me due to uneven ground. I was lucky to have maintained bowel control & just kissed the tailgate with the headlight pod. I bought a new 5'x8' Carry On utility trailer for $850 soon after. Two years ago I purchased another quad some 400 miles away. I contemplated just hauling it in the bed but the stories of hinge failures had me take the trailer instead...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
... thanx "OutFrontier". I hauled my Suzuki Vinson in the bed of my Titan, and honestly, I didn't like the ramp-experience, but I never had any "issues". In 2012, I bought a new Worthington aluminum, 2 place, ride-on trailer, but I hardly have used it - it probably has less than 500 miles on it (if you know anyone looking for a real nice trailer, Model # WATV ELNR), but I'm going to sell it and purchase a "single place" aluminum trailer. Regards //danno

1 - 14 of 14 Posts