Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every one.. i have a 05 se kc SE and one day I went to use the 4wd and the light on the dash (the 2 front tires would blink and the rear tires would stay solid) blink? any one know whats wrong??? please let me know .. i thinks its a bad solenoid in the transfer case. I also never use the A/C hardly ever and one day my pops needed to use my truck to go pick up a safe and he hit the a/c button and the indicator light didnt go on and somtimes it blinks on and of like flick on for a sec then go off. but it goes on at fan 1 setting but 2,3,and 4 its off and it doesnt even blow any thing out on 1 thats another problem... thanks and any comments will do

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
Just to double check, how do you normally engage 4wd? When you went to switch into 4wd did you put it into 4hi or 4lo? Front two tires flashing means 4lo is not engaged. When switching into 4lo stop and put the truck in neutral, push the switch in and turn to 4lo. Then take the truck out of neutral and proceed with driving. The front and rear tires should be solid.

·
Registered
250 Posts
and it doesnt even blow any thing out on 1 thats another problem...
Typically the fan not blowing at all the dial settings is caused by a failed blower motor resistor or a failed blower switch. You can pull the resistor and check for continuity between each of the pins (there will be resistance between any two pins, but there shouldn't be an open or short between any two pins). See this post for its location http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/blower-fan-only-operates-high-42412/

For the switch, you'd need to get at the harness behind the dash and check to make sure there's continuity between pins 2 & 4 with the switch in the 1 position (harness has two rows of pins, 3 pins on one row, 2 pins on the other; pins 2 & 4 are the end pins on the row with 3 pins).

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Just to double check, how do you normally engage 4wd? When you went to switch into 4wd did you put it into 4hi or 4lo? Front two tires flashing means 4lo is not engaged. When switching into 4lo stop and put the truck in neutral, push the switch in and turn to 4lo. Then take the truck out of neutral and proceed with driving. The front and rear tires should be solid.
mine blinks while switching into 4hi. flashing means its trying to engage. has nothing to do with 4low or 4 hi being selected.

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
mine blinks while switching into 4hi. flashing means its trying to engage. has nothing to do with 4low or 4 hi being selected.
Yea I should have double checked before I posted but I was referring to the 4lo indication - when it's flashing that means the truck is still in 4hi and 4lo has not engaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts