Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 4 sensors come on suddenly all at the same time. The SLIP, VDC off, ABS and BRAKE light have come on and won't turn off. I can turn the truck off and they turn off but as soon as I begin to move again, they come back on. I have a 2010 Nissan Frontier crew cab with approx 120K miles on it. Any ideas what might be going on?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
What codes do you have?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Sounds like a wheel speed sensor. Get the codes and go from there. Auto Parts stores usually read the codes for free.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sounds like a wheel speed sensor.
That was my first thought as well. Had a similar issue in a past truck. Turns out one of the wheel speed sensors was caked with dirt and mud and couldn't read the tone ring on the wheel hub. Wiped the sensor and tone ring and the problem went away.

The vehicle likely detects that one or more wheels are rotating while others are not. Because it can't figure out the cause, it disables ABS brakes, Vehicle Dynamic Control, and illuminates the traction control (slip) light. Not sure if the "brake" warning light (same one that illuminates when the parking brake is engaged) is tied into that.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Sounds like a wheel speed sensor. Get the codes and go from there. Auto Parts stores usually read the codes for free.
+1 on this one, I believe Invasion is most likely correct.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Had this exact same warning light group two weeks ago. Before you spend money on labor or parts fill your brake master cylinder reservoir all the way to the full mark then drive the truck.Lights should turn off.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,906 Posts
Had this exact same warning light group two weeks ago. Before you spend money on labor or parts fill your brake master cylinder reservoir all the way to the full mark then drive the truck.Lights should turn off.
I'd bought an old Hardbody for $750 that had both brake and ABS lights on, it was low-fluid. Also was one front brake that was backing-plate on what was left of the rotor, I'm not proud to say I just threw pads on it and filled up the reservoir and drove it for a fairly long time with one front rotor much thinner on one side than it really should've been...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts