Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my truck has been complaining about the knock sensor for a while now. It keeps throwing the code "knock sensor circuit malfunction" or something like that. Does that mean the sensor itself is bad? I was peeking around for it and it appears to be under the intake manifold and a total ***** to get to.

Is there anything else I should check out before I go through the head ache of replacing the KS?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
The KS will not throw a CEL by itself. If a CEL is illuminated, that probably means there are other things that are having issues.

If it is the original KS and you have a ton of miles on her, then it is probably time to replace the KS and see if that helps your issue.

Also, depending on your mileage and maintance schedule, you may be due for a Timing Belt change.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Ahhh, you have the 4 banger and not the 6 cylinder. That helps to fill in the picture.

Have you notice a drop in MPG or any other issues?

How are the oil changes and other maintance?

Without more real info, the only thing I could think is that the KS needs to be changed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the KS on a 4 cylinder is located behind the exhaust manifold, much more forgiving a job to change than the 6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts