Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So this was the only straight away I could find coming back home this morning. Only got it up to 70 in the stretch, speed limit 45, hahahahaha. Kind of a crappy run since it was uphill some, but should be alright enough so you could get an idea. Here you go. Just click on it, should take you to the video on photobucket. Let me know if it doesnt work.
Thank you 5 speed frontier! I'm going to build a truck almost exactly like yours, probably with the same size tires, obviously t-swap, prerunner bumper, timing advance, intake and catback.

Did the timing advance mess with your gas mileage at all?

I live in Phoenix so in a few months when its all done we can street race 2getha!

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Thank you 5 speed frontier! I'm going to build a truck almost exactly like yours, probably with the same size tires, obviously t-swap, prerunner bumper, timing advance, intake and catback.

Did the timing advance mess with your gas mileage at all?

I live in Phoenix so in a few months when its all done we can street race 2getha!
I couldn't really notice a difference in gas mileage. Last I calculated it on a long trip all highway it was like 21-22. After I get a custom prerunner bumper made and fenders I'll eventually get 33s once these tires wear down.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have an 05 XE with an automatic. I first put on LE wheels and tires 265/65/17. Slight difference in acceleration but nothing bad.

I installed a few months ago a PRG 3/2 spacer lift and 275/70/17 Firestone Destination AT tires.

It is slowwww now. Big difference and i can really feel the weight of the tires. The truck wants to "hang in 3rd gear when briskly accelerating like the truck is going up hill. It will only shift to 4th when i left off the gas. It only does this when I try to go fast like more then half throttle. I wouldnt recommend anythng more then a 31 on the XE.

Do they make gears yet for the c200? Will an XE manual rear solve my problem?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Switching to a manual rear end will give you 4.08. Right now you have the same as the Nismo, which is 3.66 I believe. But this will kill your fuel economy on the freeway. Try advancing the timing 2 degrees and adding headers exhaust and short ram intake.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts