Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need someone with a 4 banger (2nd gen) with atleast 31'' tires to take a video for me.

If possible hold the camera so that it shows the speedometer and the road infront of you and do a 0-60. If you could also do a highway 70-80 it would be great.

Your the best!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a first gen, so I don't know if this will help. But I have a 4banger with 30's with the c200 axel and I get 9.5% speedo error at 60 mph. (~66 mph actual speed)

·
Registered
335 Posts
i have a 4 banger with 31's the accelleration feels the same the only thing i have noticed is the mpg 21-23 most of the time

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
I will get one as soon as i can

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
still waiting!
Sorry man Im really busy with college right now. Going to college to become captain of a ship. I really want to get a good video. As soon as I can I will. I'm also still getting used to the new area.

·
Registered
755 Posts
it has plenty of power-but it's still a 4 banger. if you want power throw a turbo on and be happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry man Im really busy with college right now. Going to college to become captain of a ship. I really want to get a good video. As soon as I can I will. I'm also still getting used to the new area.
You are studying to be captain of a ship? Perfect!!! Ok heres what you do.

On the way to school take out your video camera and video your speedo. Then do a 1-60 or 1-80 if possible and upload the video to youtube.

DONE. =)

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
You are studying to be captain of a ship? Perfect!!! Ok heres what you do.

On the way to school take out your video camera and video your speedo. Then do a 1-60 or 1-80 if possible and upload the video to youtube.

DONE. =)
I live on the training ship right now and dont get out of school too much. I will as soon as possible. Oh and 0-60 isnt too bad, but your gonna laugh at a 0-80. I got to figure out a good place to run it for you and how to hold the camera to show the speedo and road. Its hard to accelerate fast in a manual truck, hold the camera and steer. Ill figure it out though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4bflVmLZM

Thats the one i took from my truck. How does it compare to your truck 5speed.
Very Very happy with this vid. If possible i'd like to compare it with 1 other driver (5 speed) and he has 31s not 33s, not sure if they make a diff.

Wolfman, is the man!

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
seems a lot slower than my truck. and crap i get scared when i even approach 6 grand, but you just flew right by it up to 7. nice. It seem like my truck gets up to 60 a lot faster with only taking it up to 5,000 rpms.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
You gotta remember that im pushing a lot more weight then you are too. Ive got the bumper, winch and sliders slowing me down, plus the 8 ply 33's
yah i dont know. ill try and get a video and compare cause i cant tell for sure

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
So this was the only straight away I could find coming back home this morning. Only got it up to 70 in the stretch, speed limit 45, hahahahaha. Kind of a crappy run since it was uphill some, but should be alright enough so you could get an idea. Here you go. Just click on it, should take you to the video on photobucket. Let me know if it doesnt work.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts