Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Third brake light.

I installed one on 09. It's LED. Looks good, matches my new taillight assy. Had issue getting factory light off. Had a spinner bolt, that's in the light and comes through into cab. Nut would not loosen because bolt was spinning. I busted out the corner of factory light so I could hold bolt, and get nut off. Would have eventually had to do that if I needed to replace bulbs. Lucky I had another light to immediately go back on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed one on 09. It's LED. Looks good, matches my new taillight assy. Had issue getting factory light off. Had a spinner bolt, that's in the light and comes through into cab. Nut would not loosen because bolt was spinning. I busted out the corner of factory light so I could hold bolt, and get nut off. Would have eventually had to do that if I needed to replace bulbs. Lucky I had another light to immediately go back on.
I sounds like you replaced the whole brake lite assembly with an LED unit? I am talking about the flasher unit that makes the BL flash rapidly for higher viability/attention getting. Also, Is it possible to replace the incandescent bulbs with LED replacements, thus retaining the factory 3rd BL?

Thanks for your reply.......

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
I sounds like you replaced the whole brake lite assembly with an LED unit? I am talking about the flasher unit that makes the BL flash rapidly for higher viability/attention getting. Also, Is it possible to replace the incandescent bulbs with LED replacements, thus retaining the factory 3rd BL?

Thanks for your reply.......
I installed LED bulbs from Diode Dynamics and a flasher module from amazon. I used a HP5 for the brake and HP36 for the cargo lights (for extra light). The flasher module only works with LEDs as it does a quick 3, slow 3, solid on. It definately grabs your attention. I just wired it in-line of the 3rd brake but you could also wire it inline of the entire brake wiring just after the relay. That would allow all 3 brake lights to flash. You do not have to have a module at each bulb.

·
Registered
52 Posts
when i bought my 06 from the dealer they were suppose to install flashing brake lights after all i paid 350 bucks for them . they forgot and said if i brought the truck to them they might install it. they are 400 miles away don't buy cars from larson motors they are ripoffs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts