Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pull into my local AutoZone to get a replacement bulb for my 3rd stoplight. Pop open the owner's manual to find the bulb type, and find this: "See your Nissan dealer".

What's the story on these? Ideally I'd like to update the stoplight plus the cargo light bulbs with LEDs.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
You didn't mention what year you have. The Nissan catalog shows two different part #'s, one of which I think is wrong. For my 2003, it shows 26736-89902, which I believe is wrong because that's the same bulb that is used in dome lights. The other number, which I believe is correct and I believe may already be an LED, is 26261-3B300, which lists for $23 each. That said, you can find whole, LED, 3rd brake lamp assemblies for 01-04 Frontiers for around $35 on the aftermarket.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't mention what year you have. The Nissan catalog shows two different part #'s, one of which I think is wrong. For my 2003, it shows 26736-89902, which I believe is wrong because that's the same bulb that is used in dome lights. The other number, which I believe is correct and I believe may already be an LED, is 26261-3B300, which lists for $23 each. That said, you can find whole, LED, 3rd brake lamp assemblies for 01-04 Frontiers for around $35 on the aftermarket.
It's a 2002 KC

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those may be the correct bulbs, but I'll be damned if I can see how to swap them.

The stoplamp portion does have a disconnect plug but the bulb assembly seems to be molded in place with no way to remove them other than cutting the back of the housing open with a Dremel tool.

And the cargo bed lights, well there is no disconnect. The wires come out of the cab roof right into the plastic housing. I tugged but there sure doesn't appear to be a connector inside the grommet on the roof.

So even if I wete to buy a genuine Nissan replacement assembly or an LED aftermarket unit, I'm not sure you to swap it in without cutting wires.

Ideas?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Those may be the correct bulbs, but I'll be damned if I can see how to swap them.

The stoplamp portion does have a disconnect plug but the bulb assembly seems to be molded in place with no way to remove them other than cutting the back of the housing open with a Dremel tool.

And the cargo bed lights, well there is no disconnect. The wires come out of the cab roof right into the plastic housing. I tugged but there sure doesn't appear to be a connector inside the grommet on the roof.

So even if I wete to buy a genuine Nissan replacement assembly or an LED aftermarket unit, I'm not sure you to swap it in without cutting wires.

Ideas?
You could just remove the cargo lamps from your old housing and install in the new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts