Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It’s finally done, I purchased the lift kit over a month ago and just got it install yesterday, and all left to do next is the alignment... BTW this kit is the one from eBay $119 plus $12 for bump stops and $80 to installed it (did not have time to do it myself)
However I think I will be adding a 1 in block to the rear... don’t know yet. Any suggestions/comments thank you

Sorry for the low quality, my camera got busted :( , so they are pics from my cell

Attachments

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Looks nice man. A 1" block in the rear will give it a nice neat look to it. Abit less of a rake but nothing that is noticeable. In the driving department. I actually like it with my 2" block because when i look into my mirrors the rear of my truck is directly visible behind me and the tail lights. SO i can see if someone is tailgating me. Too close....

SORRY I posted a 2" in the beginning because i thought you didnt have anything in the back...ooops my bad.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
looks good dude

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you guys think i should adjust my headlights?

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
do you guys think i should adjust my headlights?
Yeah i did. I advanced them i believe 2 clicks to the right. To make them centered. Got a little bit of distance too out of them.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks 06 i will go this week to the local bolt&nut shop to see if they have any and i will order some blocks by tehmself, they all are universal right? if not any advice where to get some... thanks

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
thanks 06 i will go this week to the local bolt&nut shop to see if they have any and i will order some blocks by tehmself, they all are universal right? if not any advice where to get some... thanks
Got mine from Autozone for $25 bucks man. Then you add $40 for the u-bolts. Comes out to $55 for my set-up. All blocks i believe are universal. Because leaf springs are usually the same width. Just what material you make them out of. That makes them unique.

As for the u-bolts any machinist should be able to make you some. I would just measure the ones you have length & width wise to make them snug and tell them you need extended units for a 2"block. It shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i was just wondering what kit did you get? i just ordered my off of ebay for 119.95. it comes with 3" spacers and 1.5" shackles for the rear. is that what you got? it looks good tho

·
Registered
572 Posts
Got mine from Autozone for $25 bucks man. Then you add $40 for the u-bolts. Comes out to $55 for my set-up. All blocks i believe are universal. Because leaf springs are usually the same width. Just what material you make them out of. That makes them unique.

As for the u-bolts any machinist should be able to make you some. I would just measure the ones you have length & width wise to make them snug and tell them you need extended units for a 2"block. It shouldn't be a problem.
k wait $40+$25=55?? or thats how much they sell it for? thats a pretty good price

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
wont these work or spend $89 for the blocks too and wont have to worry about your blocks breakin ever

PRG Products

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hey, first off, Super nice dude! Looks great! 2nd do you have nothing for lift in the rear in the pics?

I have 2 in the front and 2 in the rear, and WISH I had 3 in the front and 2 in the rear. That is the best stance. IMO. I believe I will get what you got after seeing it.
Thanks!

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
k wait $40+$25=55?? or thats how much they sell it for? thats a pretty good price
Oh shoot man lol i put in the wrong stats. Its $65 for what i did. The thing is i traded armyman20057 my 1.5 shackles and he bought me the blocks from autozone. So it only costed me the $40 for the extended u-bolts.

wont these work or spend $89 for the blocks too and wont have to worry about your blocks breakin ever

PRG Products
Yeah but the thing is these are suppose to be a cost effective means of lifting. The O.P is trying to get what he can for as little as possible. Doesnt mean he is going cheap just means he is doing alot of research. Those are nice but like i told the O.P they all do the same thing. Its just how fancy you want to go. I've have my blocks on for 25k miles and have put them through some real harsh terrain and they havent broken. I got them from Autozone.

My my entire rear set-up i ended up paying only $70 bucks for it that includes 5100 series shocks that were sourced from a jeep cherokee. I bought the shocks from bajafronty who had them on his 5" SLR kit before going with 12" Fox resi's. Then my bock kit along with the u-bolts. Remember i got the blocks for free.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Lookin' good!

A few of us have played around 3" front lifts... 3"/1" is level, 3"/1.5" is Nice(a slight rake), 3"/2" is a bit much(I'm running it now).

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Lookin' good!

A few of us have played around 3" front lifts... 3"/1" is level, 3"/1.5" is Nice(a slight rake), 3"/2" is a bit much(I'm running it now).
Isn't 3'' and 2'' level? I have 2'' and 2'' and its a$$ high. I want to add 1 more inch to the front to make it level. Which will put me at 3'' and 2''. If I did 2'' and 0'' it too would be level. (but not high enough, IMO)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
3"/1"_
3"/2"_

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
if you look at the pic sure looks like stock uca's to me and who in the world would buy another set of stock tires just in a bigger size ??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts