Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants bigger tires for our truck (go figure, but I'm not arguing) I'm running 33's now. Will this work? Has anyone here used them for 35's? Any problems? If anyone has 35's and rims for sale in northern CA or Southern OR, I might be interested in buying a set as well.

I tried to search this topic, but the search function was malfunctioning for me. So sorry if there is a post out there.

· Registered
2,225 Posts
There is a few guys on here running a 315/75-16 on stock se wheels. Which is equivalent to 35's. As far as ive heard there hasnt been any problems with it and i plan on doing the same a little later on down the road.

It may be hard to find a shop that will mount them for you due to the fact stock rims arent technically wide enough to run that size tire. So some may put up a stink when you tell them what you want.

· Registered
1,423 Posts
No - a narrow 35 will probably work but my guess is you want wider tires - follow tire manufacturers recommendations

· Premium Member
3,670 Posts
LoL...

i wouldnt. i have 305/70 and i dont like it on stockers....how much lift you got?

I run 305's with no problem, I have a 6" lift.
I wasn't saying I have a problem running them, so far no issues airing down to 22 psi or so, but the wheel is only 7" wide, my tires are 12.5" I'd much rather have at least an 8" wide wheel. When I go up to 35s I will not put them on 7" wheels.

· Registered
2,590 Posts
The tire mfg all provide guidelines and the approved rim size for a 315/75R16 is 8-11 with 8.5 being the (measuring size). But if I were considering new wheels to run 35" tires I'd propably also consider going to a 17" or 18" wheel and running something like a 285/75R18.

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It doesn't sound like a good idea to put 35's on the 7" nismo wheel, just too narrow. After searching for wheels, I can't find much out there other than steelies that I would like. I'm thinking of just going with 33's again and powder coating my nismo wheels black......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.