Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get one of these at the dealer, but they cant tell me which one it is, without a vin#. Theyre just being difficult. I told them I want the one stamped for 76.5*C, but they said there is not temp stamped on any of them. So if anyone has the nissan part# for the 350Z thermostat, wold be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
588 Posts
There are two part numbers to choose from -- for the record, your local parts guy isn't being lazy...our computer system doesn't give us particular info on parts...only part numbers, and the VIN# will tell us exactly which one you would need. In your case, I'm assuming you want to use this on your Frontier as there was another member here that did it with positive results. Our system doesn't specify if a part will work in other applications. Also, more than likely, your local dealer won't carry this product in stock so it's not like he can just go to the back and look. Dealers usually stock more common items, our local warehouses carry all the other stuff. Our typical lead time to get a part is exactly 2 days if local...up to a week if its in another state:

VQ35DE Motor 02-05 -- 21200-4w01b -- My price $17.74
VQ35HR Motor 06-08 -- 21200-jk20a -- My price $17.74

Let me know if there is any way I can help!

Scott VanderHeide
Fontana Nissan
800-989-6173 x2253

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting up Scott, really appreciate it! Do you kno wwhich one is the 76.5*C one? I was looking through all my programs at work and it said the 2007+ 350Z runs a 182*F stat, while the 06- runs the 174*. I'll trust your knowledge over the programs anyday

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
OK I just got my old Z one out. And yes I have/had the one scott suggested. It is part 21200-4W01B. And yes it is marked on the thermostat as 76.5*C. I think what I told my parts guy is I wanted a 2004 thermostat. But for sure it's the 2003-2005 model you want and they all have the temp stamped on them. I checked my stock one & it's stamped as 82*C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts