Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over 160 miles of flat Texas interstate this week.

In 100 degree heat, with the A/C running full-time.

(Yes, I'm bragging - I'm proud of my baby!)

Registered
2016 Nissan Frontier SV CCSB 4x4
This is a conventional travel trailer? Based on the weight, obviously not a pop-up?!?!? How in the phuck is this even possible???? 馃ぃ

Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
Right? I average about 15 mpg pulling a 2,000lb bass boat & this guy鈥檚 averaging 17.5? Wow!

Registered
2022 Frontier SV 4X4
60-65 MPH here in Texas where it is flat is FANTASTIC for the gas mileage on these trucks. I have noticed mine loves cruising at those speeds on the surface roads and returns some very nice mpg's as a result. Glad you're somewhere in TX where it has cooled down to 100! :p

Registered
Eh, it only got up to 102掳 here today. Not to bad.

Registered
2016 Nissan Frontier SV CCSB 4x4
Right? I average about 15 mpg pulling a 2,000lb bass boat & this guy鈥檚 averaging 17.5? Wow!
Lol when I pull my little Jayco jay feather I鈥檓 guessing I get about 9-10mpg, that鈥檚 in the northern CA hills though. I don鈥檛 want to actually do the math because I don鈥檛 want to find out the truth 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's done just a tad shy of 16 on previous trips.

This is the first time I didn't stop any place along the way to buy food, ice and brews - Stocked up beforehand, and then drove non-stop.

No cruise control (IMO, it's too aggressive about wanting to keep the exact set speed), and I let the speed slide a bit on "hills" (mostly just overpasses) - No extra throttle unless the speed dropped below 60 uphill, and no less throttle unless it got over 70 downhill.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^Calculated.

Filled up, hitched up, drove, unhitched, and then immediately filled up again to check the mileage.

The trailer:

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

Registered
Yeah I'm smelling it too. All my truck does is tow a golf cart on a single axle 6x12 open utility back and forth to the golf course all highway and I can't get better than 13.5 mpg hand calculated. And this has been consistent over dozens of tanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There was no wind. Perfectly still weather.

Since my previous trips have also run well above 15 MPG, a 10-15 percent difference on this trip is no huge anomaly.

Will update this thread with results from future trips.

Premium Member
2012 CC "S" 4x4
what gas octane? The Casitas are pretty low profile, and under 7' wide?

Registered
It didn鈥檛 dawn on me you had a Casita. I always liked the look of those little things. They either make em or sell em right down the road from where I work. Neat little trailers.

Reactions: Krimpit

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what gas octane? The Casitas are pretty low profile, and under 7' wide?
93 octane when towing - particularly in hot weather.

Trailer is 6' 8" wide, and 9' tall.

They either make em or sell em right down the road from where I work.
That's probably the factory in Rice, TX.

They don't have any dealers.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts