Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks. Just wanting to post this here as an option for owners who are hesitant to jump to a 33 right away.

My goal for next year is to upgrade to a full suspension lift, but the factory rake kept bugging me so I picked up a leveling kit from Z1 Offroad in the meanwhile. On a whim, I started searching for lightly used tires off of FB Market and scored a great deal on a set of five take-offs from a local Jeep gal.

These are 255/75/R17s and they amount to a 32.1-inch tire. This is apparently the factory size off of the Willy's edition Wranglers and Gladiators, and a lot of owners upgrade to a larger size almost immediately, so there are usually tons of these being sold on FB. The set I bought only had 100 miles on them and were so new they still had the rubber whiskers on the outside.

Considering the popular 285/70/R17 comes out to roughly 32.8 inches, these aren't all that far off. You do lose some width though, so you'll have to be a fan of the skinny look. I'll jump to a 80-ratio tire in a year or two to get a true 33, but these will be fine for now.

No rubbing, but my madflaps were the first things to go when I got the truck. I'll also add wheel spacers soon to widen the stance a bit, but here you are in the meanwhile.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Attachments

· Registered
463 Posts
I've ran the same size tires for years. Previously on a 5th gen 4Runner and currently on my Frontier. As you note, this is the stock tire size on many wranglers which really helps us out since they are available as c-rated, so much lighter than e-rated alternatives. Jeep has also helped us out with 285/70 17s, which are now available in c-rated options too. But as you note, the 255/75 tire size is just slightly larger than stock while not being too much heavier.
Thing to note, if you do move to 255/80, all of those options are e-rated i believe. You'll gain ~7-10lbs PER TIRE from the current size you are running. That's quite significant when you consider the 255/75s are already about that much over the stock tires.

· Vendor
2022 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X
44 Posts
Love the look and setup!

· Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4X4
960 Posts
I've ran the same size tires for years. Previously on a 5th gen 4Runner and currently on my Frontier. As you note, this is the stock tire size on many wranglers which really helps us out since they are available as c-rated, so much lighter than e-rated alternatives. Jeep has also helped us out with 285/70 17s, which are now available in c-rated options too. But as you note, the 255/75 tire size is just slightly larger than stock while not being too much heavier.
Thing to note, if you do move to 255/80, all of those options are e-rated i believe. You'll gain ~7-10lbs PER TIRE from the current size you are running. That's quite significant when you consider the 255/75s are already about that much over the stock tires.
Your truck looks great. A favor though. Would you take a picture of the front tires looking rearward? I am trying to gauge the stance from the front. I am becoming more and more interested in these pizza cutters!

Reactions: Frontiermedic248
1 - 7 of 7 Posts