Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16 SV crewcab. I’m Getting the rough country 2.5 lift/leveling kit. I’m also buying some 17 in wheels with a -12 offset. Currently I’m waiting for everything to be delivered. Just wondering if the 285/70s will rub. If not what about 305/65? I’d prefer to put the 305/65 if possible. I’d appreciate any advice on this. I’m willing to trim so long as it’s nothing to major. And I believe that RC said 285/70 or 75 on stock wheels (0 offset) would be fine. Hopefully that half inch out doesn’t screw me. Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
I have a 16 SV crewcab. I’m Getting the rough country 2.5 lift/leveling kit. I’m also buying some 17 in wheels with a -12 offset. Currently I’m waiting for everything to be delivered. Just wondering if the 285/70s will rub. If not what about 305/65? I’d prefer to put the 305/65 if possible. I’d appreciate any advice on this. I’m willing to trim so long as it’s nothing to major. And I believe that RC said 285/70 or 75 on stock wheels (0 offset) would be fine. Hopefully that half inch out doesn’t screw me. Thanks for any advice.
That offset + larger tires means you'll have to trim the front lip, splash shield, and mud flap, or remove them. A 2.5" lift doesn't give much clearance especially if you change wheel width/offset.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I thinking your math is a lot off. Stock offset is 30 or 32. I can’t remember which. It’s going to set you more like 1 1/4” further out compared to stock. With the 305’s your tires outer edge will be something like 7/8” farther out than stock. So you’re adding 2” of track width.

I’m running 305/75r16 Mastercraft MXT’s on my Frontier. On stock Nismo wheels with no wheel spacers. The outside edge of the tire is even with the fender.

I have 285/75r16 Duratracs on my Xterra. Stock Offroad wheels, with 1 1/4” wheel spacers. Essentially giving me a 0 offset. I needed to trim metal and do the melt mod. The edge of the tire is close to 1” outside of the fender. The edge of the tread is just about even with the fender.

I’m not sure what site you ordered from I’m surprised their compatibility program let you get away with this combo. I think you would need a much more aggressive lift or lots of trimming to run this setup.

I’ll take some pics if you’d like to see what I’m talking about.

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
I thinking your math is a lot off. Stock offset is 30 or 32. I can’t remember which. It’s going to set you more like 1 1/4” further out compared to stock. With the 305’s your tires outer edge will be something like 7/8” farther out than stock. So you’re adding 2” of track width.

I’m running 305/75r16 Mastercraft MXT’s on my Frontier. On stock Nismo wheels with no wheel spacers. The outside edge of the tire is even with the fender.

I have 285/75r16 Duratracs on my Xterra. Stock Offroad wheels, with 1 1/4” wheel spacers. Essentially giving me a 0 offset. I needed to trim metal and do the melt mod. The edge of the tire is close to 1” outside of the fender. The edge of the tread is just about even with the fender.

I’m not sure what site you ordered from I’m surprised their compatibility program let you get away with this combo. I think you would need a much more aggressive lift or lots of trimming to run this setup.

I’ll take some pics if you’d like to see what I’m talking about.

Stock SV wheel size: 16x7” +30mm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts