Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all, I had an issue where my 2004 Frontier 3.3L was stalling once it got to running temp and after all my due diligence figured out it was the distributer. I replaced that and re timed the ignition and everything was back to normal until this morning. On the way to work today my truck got to running temp and while driving it puttered out and stalled just like before I changed the distributer. I am going to the parts shop because it had a lifetime warrantee and put in another new distributer. My question is what would cause the same thing to happen again just 3 weeks after replacing it? Could there be a short that is causing a sensor in the distributer to go bad or something? I am so confused I thought this issue was behind me.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
Have read about issues w/ aftermarket distributors...Nissan OEM distributors are recommended.
YMMV

·
Registered
27 Posts
Add a ground wire straight from the battery to the base of the distributor. My wife's xterra was doing a sputter and sometimes not wanting to start this solved the issue for me. Yes i did check the main ground first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts