Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the PRG 3" suspension lift with radflos, PRG UCAs and rear AAL. I'm considering a 2" body lift only to get some clearance for my tires which rub on the fender even after trimming.
The lift says extended brakes lines are not required but I'm thinking with my existing lift I may need to.
1. I'm running stock brake lines, should I upgrade to extended brakes lines with this?
2. Does the Automotive Customizers (4x4parts.com) 2" kit work with the plastic front bumper. I have replaced mine yet.
3. I've got rock sliders welded to the frame how stupid will they look if I through on a 2" BL but they stay in the same location?

Thanks

·
Rogue Admin
13,351 Posts
I have this combo,

1) I needed to slightly extend my rear brake lines, the front were fine
2) you can make the kit work with the plastic bumper, I have mentioned this a few times on here already. You just need to unscrew the plastic from the bottom, lift, and voila
3) My sliders are more used as a step so I mounted them down and they look fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So what wheels and tires are you guys running? I've just gone to PRG to look at this kit (thanks to your posts), Me likes :) I want to widen my stance and get the tallest profile tire I can get to maximize ground clearance. And where did you get your body kits? Thanx

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
So what wheels and tires are you guys running? I've just gone to PRG to look at this kit (thanks to your posts), Me likes :) I want to widen my stance and get the tallest profile tire I can get to maximize ground clearance. And where did you get your body kits? Thanx
Do some research on here, but tire size is limited by lift. a 2" suspension lift and 2" BL you can do 33s just fine and still have a good amount of downtravel. You CAN fit 33s (285/75/16) with just the suspension and some trimming. You could also run 255/85/16 and may not need to trim. To go wide you will be looking at aftermarked wheels and/or titan swap (long travel setup) BL kits can be had from 4x4parts (as mentioned in the thread), SummitRacing and Nisstec to name 3. Google could probably locate a few more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts