Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hi: im ready to install my 3" suspension parts. i have aftermarket UCAs, blocks, bilsteins for front and rear, and hardbody balljoints. what else do i need for this install? any suggestions? oh yeah, i currently have 265/70/16s toyos. will these look good on said frontier lifted? anyone have pics of a frontier with only a 3" SL runnin these tires? thanks in advance for all these questions. :)

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
a BFH and pentrating oil...... lots of it

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
ditch the blocks and get an AAL pack from 4x4parts. your truck is old the leafs have lost some arch dont make it worse with blocks

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
big f-ing hammer and PB blaster, or something the spary the bolts down so they will come apart

·
Registered
311 Posts
Here is my truck with the 3'' fabtech lift before i put the chaos kit on. Its sitting on 265/75/16 in the pic but with fiberglass.

Your going to need a good long weekend and the right tools. Its not that hard to do. Make sure you mark your torsin bolts to you know where stock height is, and ya try to get a add-a-leaf blocks are no good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What's wrong with blocks??

I did my lift in my driveway and it took about 9 hrs over two days. Deff get PB Blast or some kinda penatrate

·
Registered
740 Posts
Blocks but unneeded stress on your U-bolts and leaf springs. You will get axle wrap under normal acceleration and will wear out your leaf springs...and fast.

You can see what blocks can do to your U-bolts. This is a picture when I lifted my 84' Toyota pickup which is VERY comparable to our trucks. The u-bolts needed to be cut out with a torch and DAMN was is scary when you cut all the way threw. Drew was there for that one. Haha. There is just no need to do blocks when you can get a single AAL for $65 or 3 pack AAL for $130.

And if your truck has ever seen salt it will be almost necessary for you to cut the camber bolts out to get the UCA out. I live in NY and my truck with 48k on it, I had to cut all 4 out. So get 4 new camber bolts, eccentric washers, and nuts from Nissan. So stock up on saws-all blades. I recommend Milwaukee Torch blades or DeWalt blades.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I think mine was a little bit of an extreme case but just throwing it out there becasue it CAN happen.

Even then, I wouldn't use a shackle alone, always in conjunction with an AAL.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What about shackle and block.. That's what I have installed right now. I do experience slight axle wrap, more noticable on the beach than road. So, if I install an AAL, I won't need the block? What about the shackles?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I would install either a single AAL, take out the block, and leave the shackle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts