Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I was wondering what would be the best 3 inch lift kit for light off roading without spending a couple thousand bucks.

·
Registered
480 Posts
To achieve that amount of lift, as cheap as possible, without running into suspension problems, this would be your best bet.

You could go other routes, but without spending the money on a set of upper control arms, it limits what you can do. Without them and more than 2.5 inches of lift, you'll likely run into coil bucket contact, crappy ride, and crappy performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To achieve that amount of lift, as cheap as possible, without running into suspension problems, this would be your best bet.

You could go other routes, but without spending the money on a set of upper control arms, it limits what you can do. Without them and more than 2.5 inches of lift, you'll likely run into coil bucket contact, crappy ride, and crappy performance.
Thanks man how is the quality with this product? I haven't really seen them around too often. From the site this looks like the best option for me but I don't know too much about the brand.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks man how is the quality with this product? I haven't really seen them around too often. From the site this looks like the best option for me but I don't know too much about the brand.
@AlldogsOffroad is pretty fantastic. Quick with everything and support is awesome. Just last weekend late on a saturday installing a buddies lift and other parts, they were texting with tips and helping troubleshoot. Really good folks and products.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awesome well I have a 2011 pro4x with the stock shocks and a bull bar up front so do you think the added springs will lift it good enough and be leveled? Also how long do you think the body lift part will take to do?
Our springs will lift the front about 2" (depending on how heavy your bull bar is) and are 50lb/in heavier than OE coils. They'll work just fine on the 4600 Bilstein shocks your truck would have came with from the factory. The rear AAL will lift about 1.5" if you remove the overload spring when installing. This should remove most of the factory rake and get you closer to level. I'd be a little concerned about the life of the shocks since you've got about 9 years on them. It might be a good time to replace them with some 5100's if you're going to tear down anyways to swap coils.

The body lift shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours at a leisurely pace, it's pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our springs will lift the front about 2" (depending on how heavy your bull bar is) and are 50lb/in heavier than OE coils. They'll work just fine on the 4600 Bilstein shocks your truck would have came with from the factory. The rear AAL will lift about 1.5" if you remove the overload spring when installing. This should remove most of the factory rake and get you closer to level. I'd be a little concerned about the life of the shocks since you've got about 9 years on them. It might be a good time to replace them with some 5100's if you're going to tear down anyways to swap coils.

The body lift shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours at a leisurely pace, it's pretty straight forward.
Awesome thanks, I have about 86,000 miles on my stock shocks, do you think they should last me a couple more years?

·
Registered
44 Posts

Man I’m glad I came across that link! Definitely going to pick up this kit when taxes come in. For pairing with the adjustable 5100’s - will setting it at say 0.5-1inch help compensate for extra weight of an aftermarket bumper and keep the overall lift 3inch?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Man I’m glad I came across that link! Definitely going to pick up this kit when taxes come in. For pairing with the adjustable 5100’s - will setting it at say 0.5-1inch help compensate for extra weight of an aftermarket bumper and keep the overall lift 3inch?
We have a full kit which pairs with 5100's and we can ship it out assembled and ready to bolt in. For a heavier bumper we would recommend our heavy load springs rather than the medium. For both springs we generally recommend installing on the lowest clip.

If you only need the rckilla or budget kit but have a heavy aftermarket front bumper we can make a substitution and send heavy coil springs. Just reach out before placing an order with a request and we'll make it happen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awesome thanks, I have about 86,000 miles on my stock shocks, do you think they should last me a couple more years?
Hard to say for sure, people can get anywhere from 50k to 130k out of them before they leak. Sometimes they last and sometimes they don't. We replaced a RUSTY set of OE shocks with 160k on them last summer which were still dampening just fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We have a full kit which pairs with 5100's and we can ship it out assembled and ready to bolt in. For a heavier bumper we would recommend our heavy load springs rather than the medium. For both springs we generally recommend installing on the lowest clip.

If you only need the rckilla or budget kit but have a heavy aftermarket front bumper we can make a substitution and send heavy coil springs. Just reach out before placing an order with a request and we'll make it happen.
Dang! Thats a great price! I think that will be the way to go. Thanks for your help! When taxes come in I'll pull the trigger.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I hope AllDogs hooks you up for this.
Their kick-*** service is a hookup enough really. I'll be checking them for parts first from now on, just because they have been so helpful to folks on this site and friends of mine.

·
Rogue Admin
13,046 Posts
Cheapest 3" lift for mild 4x4ing that works:
1) DIY 2" body lift - cost about $125 CDN for the materials
2) Spacer lift in front and rear - 1-2".

I have Fox coils set at 1" of lift, a 2" spacer on top, SPC upper control arms, and custom 3" lift rear springs - seems to be a perfect set-up for my needs and I take that LWB boat into many difficult places when I go hunting and it's gotten me home every time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts