Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is installing my lift kit for me and ran into a little snag. He asked me to please pass this on to you guy sto see if you can help.

"Hey, I'm installing a 3" body lift kit on my sisters Frontier. The instruction manual has been very detailed so far, but I've sort of run into a problem though. The instruction manual only covers how to modify a manual tranmission to work with the lift kit. Nothing is mentioned on how to or if to modify the automatic transmission linkage.
Some people say I don;t need too modify anything and some say they have no idea. I've been caling the manufacturer tech support for two days and can;t get anyone to take my call. If any of you with body lift kits can give me any help, I would greatly apprecaite it I know my sister misses her truck so I need to get it done ASAP...lol."

·
Banned
410 Posts
theres no mod for a auto. the manual u just have to weld a piece of medal to make it back to the size it was. or you can not do that and have a 3" shorter shifter

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. I was hoping that would be the case. Thats going to make the installation a little bit easier.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goodness, I completely forgot. My brother got the lift done and it looks unbelievable. I never thought it would look this good. He was able to get 285/75 BF Goodrich tires to fit...just barely though. He had to cut all of plast off the finder wells.
These aren't the best pics in the world, but it's the ones my brother took right when he got done before he drove the truck up to Huntsville and suprised me with it.

Attachments

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One More:

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One More:

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And last but not least...I'm getting some dual exhaust in the next couple weeks. That teniny rusty straw for an exhaust pipe just isn't going to cut it now that the truck is lifted.

Attachments

·
Banned
410 Posts
god i hate you! lol i want to put a body lift on my truck like 10 times worse now!! lol. maybe now that i have 2 trucks i can afford the put the nissan out of commision for the weekend.

looks great!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, I like it too.
Well, it took my brother 2 weeks working on it after work and weekends. It was alot of work. He took a picture diary and wrote instructions incase any of you guys wanted to do the same kit. He ran into a couple problems with the kit and had to find ways around it and stuff like that. He also did a full tune up on my truck too so he might have been able to finish it a day or two sooner, but really though, plan on at least a week. With the lift and the bigger tires, my truck is sitting almost 6 inches higher

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you, I like it too.
Well, it took my brother 2 weeks working on it after work and weekends. It was alot of work. He took a picture diary and wrote instructions incase any of you guys wanted to do the same kit. He ran into a couple problems with the kit and had to find ways around it and stuff like that. He also did a full tune up on my truck too so he might have been able to finish it a day or two sooner, but really though, plan on at least a week. With the lift and the bigger tires, my truck is sitting almost 6 inches higher
I know this was quite a while ago hahah! But do you buy any chance remember the kit you used for your truck?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts