• 3"

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy/gals! got some free time tomorrow and gonna fiddle with teh truck.

Project: maybe a little rake will help my MPG woes.
_Front 3" Truxx spacers are stayin' (never heard bucket contact)
_Rear lift is 1" blocks now.. Installing PRG shackles.

Plan is to just add the shackles for another 2" for a total of 3" rear lift, I don't plan on pullin' the blocks. I believe my springs may have lost a 1/2" anyway even though I don't haul heavy or tow, so even the max'd 2" from the shackle and 1" block is likley around 2.5".

opinions welcome!
TIA.

·
Registered
644 Posts
First i have a question, how is the stance now? my truck sat dead even with the truxxx spacers and 1" blocks.
If you leave the 1" blocks in and also add the shackles, the rear will look WAY too high in my opinion.

I had the truxxx kit with their 1" blocks...and wanted the rear a tiny bit higher, so i switched to 2" blocks just to see how it looked, and although the rear only sat 1" higher...it was a VERY noticable change. You'd be very surprised by how much the stance changes by lifting the rear just another inch. I'd say ditch the blocks and set the shackles to 1.5" or 2" rear lift.

I don't know if you'll be happy with 3" lift in the rear. The Truxxx front spacers only lifted my truck about 2.5 - 2.75" in front instead of the advertised 3"
...let me see if i can find a side pic of my truck so you can see how the rear looked with 2" blocks compared to the 1" blocks

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
How about 2" rear?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
First i have a question, how is the stance now? my truck sat dead even with the truxxx spacers and 1" blocks..

..I had the truxxx kit with their 1" blocks...and wanted the rear a tiny bit higher..
^visually it looks like the front is a tad higher; never measured from the frame tho'. you do have an idea of what I'm talkin' bout' huh?

Truxxx seems to have the least rear with a 3" kit.. I think the PRG kit is 2"/1.5"... I figured this thread would save some fiddle fadlin' later.

As for 2" that be simple too! 1" block + shackle set @ 1" =2"
THX!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yea, i think i know exactly what you're talking about. With the Truxxx kit, the front actually looked slightly higher due to the front wheels sitting out closer to the edge of the fenders....while the rear wheels actually sit further in the fender wells...(essentially, the back looks more narrow than the front, and this is deceptive because it makes the rear end appear to sit lower) Although, when i actually measured the tire to fender gap, it was almost identical in the front and rear.

Trust me...i've spent way too much time analyzing the stance of my truck:laugh: These little things bug the hell out of me when it doesnt look just right in my mind.
Anyways, i found some pics for you. These were the closest i could find to side profile pics of my truck. (Forgive me for the grainy picture quality...i brightened them up a lot so you could really see the front and rear tire gaps)

Truxxx Spacer + Truxxx 1" Blocks:

Truxxx Spacer + 2" Blocks:
When comparing front and rear tire-fender gaps...you can see the difference 1" more lift makes.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I'm at around 1.5" in the rear. When i went to the meet and greet at cow mountain, i would tap the bottom of my rear bumper constantly...1" makes a big difference. I had my shackles, hoping to lift the rear end, but didn't have time.

Between (fyi), I'm 1.5" with aal, and i'll be doing 1.5" with prg shackles.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lookin' at the pics. 2" would be "stock" rake & 1.5" would be the sweet spot for stance; I'm running 1.5" wheel spacers so I'm at 0* offset now too.
Looks like blocks are comin' out; BlackTigerSE you're Titan swapped 4" front 3" rear right? so 1.5" difference or "lift"?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
The Titan Swap won't be on the truck for another 4 weeks. I'm extremely busy with the last few weeks of school. But, yes, that will be the plan. 4" front, 3" rear and 1.5" rear spacers.

Yes, 1.5" difference for rear and front. I have 2.5" spacers in the front. 1.5" aal in the rear.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the input/advice and pics. for sure!

Now I gotta grab the stock U-bolts and decide the easy way of doin' this tomorrow. (pullin' the blocks then doin' shackles or vice versa.. prolly blocks first.)

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Yea, i think i know exactly what you're talking about. With the Truxxx kit, the front actually looked slightly higher due to the front wheels sitting out closer to the edge of the fenders....while the rear wheels actually sit further in the fender wells...(essentially, the back looks more narrow than the front, and this is deceptive because it makes the rear end appear to sit lower) Although, when i actually measured the tire to fender gap, it was almost identical in the front and rear.

Trust me...i've spent way too much time analyzing the stance of my truck:laugh: These little things bug the hell out of me when it doesnt look just right in my mind.
Anyways, i found some pics for you. These were the closest i could find to side profile pics of my truck. (Forgive me for the grainy picture quality...i brightened them up a lot so you could really see the front and rear tire gaps)

Truxxx Spacer + Truxxx 1" Blocks:

Truxxx Spacer + 2" Blocks:
When comparing front and rear tire-fender gaps...you can see the difference 1" more lift makes.

The second is basically what mine looks like right now. I have Daystar's 2" front spacer & an autozone 2"block in the rear.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about 2" rear?
^got the parts out looked at the rear.. all of a sudden feelin' lazy(swine flu?). Prolly just throw in the shackles adj. for 1" this afternoon and see.

The idea is to try and up my MPG. with some aero rake :willy_nilly:.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Haha, Ya thats the nice thing about having adjustable shackles :D

2" looks close to the factory raked stance (a little too much rake)....so i'd agree that 1.5" does seem to be the sweet spot for looks with the front truxxx spacers.
But if your rear springs are sagging a bit...2" might look good.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
If you have prg shackles, i would just use that. Throw away the 1" blocks and set the prg shackles 2" lol.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
...Throw away the 1" blocks and set the prg shackles 2" lol.
^I'll likley take em' out and save em'. Left the blocks in for now and set the shackle @ 1". Sorta like SuperBlack08's before/after pics tho'.
I'll pull teh blocks out when I feel like wrench'n :willy_nilly:
3"/1"_
3"/2"
I slipped the bolts in @ 3".. didn't bother putting a nut on, kinda high. LOL!
I'll give a MPG. update after a few hundred miles :)

add/edit: come to think about it some block and some shackle lift is kinda best of both worlds.. :)willy_nilly: musta got lazy again).

·
Registered
72 Posts
For 3" front I say 1 or nothing for the back. I personally like the front to be a bit higher than the back. Level is ok, stock rake is horrible! Just my personal opinion.

This pic is with 4" spindle in front and nothing in the back. I have since put 285 Nittos and it looks much better. I'm going to be going another 1.5 front and rear next weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
^I'll likley take em' out and save em'. Left the blocks in for now and set the shackle @ 1". Sorta like SuperBlack08's before/after pics tho'.
I'll pull teh blocks out when I feel like wrench'n :willy_nilly:
3"/1"_
3"/2"
I slipped the bolts in @ 3".. didn't bother putting a nut on, kinda high. LOL!
I'll give a MPG. update after a few hundred miles :)

add/edit: come to think about it some block and some shackle lift is kinda best of both worlds.. :)willy_nilly: musta got lazy again).

1" block and 1" shackles is a good combo. I prefer 3" front 2" rear, for off road benefits. Looks good. I would keep it that way. Do you have 285s? Looks like the truck is STOCK, with no lift at all, lol.

Is that SuperBlack's trux kit?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nah Brian, I actually sold the kit to another member on here.

With the shackles, it does look like mine did. It's pretty similar to the factory rake. It still looks alright though.
Maybe if you take out the blocks later down the road, you can just set the shackles to 1.5" ...just to see what it looks like :) It only takes 10 or 15 min per side to pull out the blocks.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...Do you have 285s? Looks like the truck is STOCK, with no lift at all, lol..
^on original BFs waitin' to get some tires for the Nismo 18s... teh truck is stock! just rounded 11K miles ! :laugh:

fer some reason itchin' for spindles now. :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Between (fyi), I'm 1.5" with aal, and i'll be doing 1.5" with prg shackles.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,
Just lifted the truck last week with a daystar 2" spacer, and shackels in the back. Before the lift the the measurements at the front wheel arches were 34.25" and at the rear they were 35.125", after the lift the measurements came out to 36.75" front and rear.

Now for the question.
I'm more then happy with the stance and looks of the truck. However, the rear leafs are flat as a board.
What kind of problems should I be looking out for if any? Nothing major then I'll leave as is ,if not then what I'm thinking is taking out the rear shackels and going with the AAL.

BlacktigerSE, what brand AAL's did you buy?

opps, screwed up the quote ! Thats from BlackTigerSE.

·
Registered
644 Posts
My stock leaves were flat as a board before i installed the deavers....and my truck only has 6k miles on it. It's normal for them to sit like that. You probably dont have any sag yet... I imagine if you do a lot of wheeling, they will start to sag over time with your shackles...it's not going to happen overnight though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts