3.0 V6 diesel

5K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  frontin40 
#1 ·
#3 ·
"This sounds like a limo and pulls like an express train"

Love it

#15 ·
Here is a blip that I found.....
Modern diesels require something of an environmental tradeoff. While generating fewer greenhouse gas emissions, diesels emit larger amounts of two other pollutants:

•Particulate matter is the black cloud that trails many older diesel vehicles. Diesel particulates are harmful to human health as well as aesthetically unpleasant.
•NOx (oxides of nitrogen) is a key ingredient in the formation of urban smog, and also can contribute to the formation of acid rain.
Higher emissions of these pollutants are diesels’ greatest drawback. There has been an ongoing split in diesel emissions regulations in the US between those required by the Environmental Protection Agency, and those required by the California Air Resources Board. For a diesel passenger car to be sold in all 50 states, it must meet new tougher emissions requirements established by the State of California. Only a handful of diesel vehicles—from Volkswagen, Mercedes and BMW—pass that test.

From what I also understand is that trucks over 3/4 ton have strict, but not as strict diesel emmissions standards that have to be met due to them being classed as something other than "passenger vehicles".
I personally don't understand the errection people get over diesel engines. Sure they have the ability to have gobbs of torque, but they stink, noisy (even the new diesels) and the thought of having to plug them in when it has a chance of dipping below freezing, just makes it more of an annoyance to me that doesn't outweigh the benefits.
Just my two bits.

#21 ·
dont get me wrong...i want one the same as you and actually would have access to them once they start beign sold in Jamaica but i couldnt see myself spending US$45k (import duties and exchange rate) for one when i can bring in an 06 F250 for $10k less

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.