Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
omg..... the smaller one was putting down over 400lbs torque i wonder what the bigger one is rated at. i see another swap in a couple years.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
"This sounds like a limo and pulls like an express train"

Love it

·
Registered
395 Posts
damn us this would be great

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wish I could find the vid of them testing the V6.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
:comphead: me wanty

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
They really need to bring those to the US

·
Registered
271 Posts
Absolutely! I think Nissan would have a big hit on their hands if they had the cahones to do it. I would definitely spring for one.....

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
They wont pass US emissions requirements.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Umm, yeah they will. Europe is way stricter than here. The manufactures don't think they'll sell

·
Registered
293 Posts
Umm, yeah they will. Europe is way stricter than here. The manufactures don't think they'll sell
Here is a blip that I found.....
Modern diesels require something of an environmental tradeoff. While generating fewer greenhouse gas emissions, diesels emit larger amounts of two other pollutants:

•Particulate matter is the black cloud that trails many older diesel vehicles. Diesel particulates are harmful to human health as well as aesthetically unpleasant.
•NOx (oxides of nitrogen) is a key ingredient in the formation of urban smog, and also can contribute to the formation of acid rain.
Higher emissions of these pollutants are diesels’ greatest drawback. There has been an ongoing split in diesel emissions regulations in the US between those required by the Environmental Protection Agency, and those required by the California Air Resources Board. For a diesel passenger car to be sold in all 50 states, it must meet new tougher emissions requirements established by the State of California. Only a handful of diesel vehicles—from Volkswagen, Mercedes and BMW—pass that test.

From what I also understand is that trucks over 3/4 ton have strict, but not as strict diesel emmissions standards that have to be met due to them being classed as something other than "passenger vehicles".
I personally don't understand the errection people get over diesel engines. Sure they have the ability to have gobbs of torque, but they stink, noisy (even the new diesels) and the thought of having to plug them in when it has a chance of dipping below freezing, just makes it more of an annoyance to me that doesn't outweigh the benefits.
Just my two bits.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I personally don't understand the errection people get over diesel engines. Sure they have the ability to have gobbs of torque, but they stink, noisy (even the new diesels) and the thought of having to plug them in when it has a chance of dipping below freezing, just makes it more of an annoyance to me that doesn't outweigh the benefits.
Just my two bits.
I felt the same way, but listen to the sound of the engines in the video. Another big plus is that diesel engines last longer. The technology has been refined to the point where I would buy one over a gas engine.

Bring that exact truck to the U.S. and 80% of the people that currently own a Frontier would go trade for it. Not to mention the guys that have a Tacoma, Dakota, S-10, Colorado/Canyon, any other small truck that I'm forgetting.

Did it say that the standard diesel made 400 ft/lbs of torque and was getting 33+ mpg? Eff.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Theres a reason the new 2010 big 3/4 ton trucks all have to use urea, or another diesel injector in the exhaust to clear the ipf

2010 US diesel emissions are crazy.

·
Registered
746 Posts
i doubt many people would spring for a $35-40k Frontier when you can get more diesel truck for that from the big 3

1 - 20 of 22 Posts