Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have a KC NISMO 4X4 w/auto transmission and I'm getting about 18.7 mpg according to the computer! This is mainly a 60/40 mix of City/Highway driving during my normal 30 mile round trip commute.

·
Banned
410 Posts
your gas millage doesnt really start going down untill you start using the 4wd. the only thing that makes it going down driving in 2wd is the little bit of added weight. like they said about 1mpg. now when your using your 4wd yeah its going to go down but nothing terrible.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
My LE KC 4X2 has been getting between 18.5 and 19.5 around town. I just returned from an 1100 mile trip mostly in the Ozark Mtns. in Missouri and Arkansas. On the
Oklahoma turnpike at 75 mph I got 21.4 mpg. When I dropped down to 70 mph it went
up to 23.1 mpg. When I got on the 2 lanes in Arkansas going through towns with only
a few stops and a 55 mph speed limit it went up to 25.2 mpg. I had a 5 mile stretch no
stops of 45 mph limit and it went up to 26.4 which was the best it has done since I put
my true dual exhaust system on.

I plan to add the Volant CAI soon to see if that has any effect on my mileage.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
OkieScot said:
My LE KC 4X2 has been getting between 18.5 and 19.5 around town. I just returned from an 1100 mile trip mostly in the Ozark Mtns. in Missouri and Arkansas. On the
Oklahoma turnpike at 75 mph I got 21.4 mpg. When I dropped down to 70 mph it went
up to 23.1 mpg. When I got on the 2 lanes in Arkansas going through towns with only
a few stops and a 55 mph speed limit it went up to 25.2 mpg. I had a 5 mile stretch no
stops of 45 mph limit and it went up to 26.4 which was the best it has done since I put
my true dual exhaust system on.

I plan to add the Volant CAI soon to see if that has any effect on my mileage.

OkieScot
Gotta love the 4X2 LE's! Here I'm doing everything humanly possible to make my truck get better gas mileage, and I'm thrilled to have finally gotten to my personal best at the point OkieScot gets in his everyday city driving! I guess I'll just wait till Nissan releases the turbo deisel here in the states and then get it in the LE trim!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have only had my Frontier CC LE 2WD for a week now but the first fill up at half a tank was 18.2 with a 50/50 mix of driving (and that was an accurate estimate via my own calculations and the dash mileage gauge). I noticed on the first non-stop 26 mile trip after the fill up that the mileage gauge said 21mpg.

Today i went out to run errands and it hovered around 19.4 with stop and go trips to Home Depot, Target, Subway, etc. Better than i expected from a 4.0L V6.

To me that's great because my Titan CC 4x4 only got 14.5 mpg on the same kinda trips and wasn't as quiet or as plush to ride in.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
On mixed town, we get around 17mpg. On our last trip on highway, we got 21.9mpg with our CC 4X4 LE.

First trip since conversion to Mobile 1. ;) I'm happy with it! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts